Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Mature Bream

No ABT for WA

I understand there is a lot going on behind the scenes at abt that we aren't privy to and that there is obviously some problems with past formats. I still can't help but be upset to see the Wa round and many others of the Abt be culled. Fishing the Abt round(s) has been something I have enjoyed immensely for only the last four years and thought out sport was growing quite nicely and was looking forward to fishing many more events to come. No doubt another comp will pop up to replace/replicate it eventually but it will not be the same until we have a nationwide comp again. May have to change the name to EBT.

Cheers
Dion
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Fishing Tragic

Interesting reading.

http://www.bream.com.au/modules.php?...ticle&sid=1185

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 AM
Mature Bream

Cheers Sean, couldn't get the link up.

Less is more... That old chestnut.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Blue Lip

No great loss really ,offered nothing for the price tag last couple of years anyway. Happy with the speccy and classics. Add a two day format away comp for a classics event and bingo crisis averted. Happy to fish if one surfaces on WA shores but wont be bummed if it doesn't arise. JMO
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Mature Bream

It is very disappointing for the ABT to drop WA and SA ABT events from the calendar for 2014. Whilst I know that it is probably money problems that have lead them to take this step I also know that it probably didn't cost them very much to run the ABT at the Blackwood last year as they only sent over one person and Craig helped a lot with the organising and provision of scales and live well for the weigh in.

I just think that the ABT have not thought about how they can make the WA and SA ABT events happen at minimum cost to maintain what was a national competition.

Perhaps Steve Morgan could enlighten us as to why this has happened and if there is any chance of it resuming in the future as what is left is purely an eastern states competition.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccas View Post
It is very disappointing for the ABT to drop WA and SA ABT events from the calendar for 2014. Whilst I know that it is probably money problems that have lead them to take this step I also know that it probably didn't cost them very much to run the ABT at the Blackwood last year as they only sent over one person and Craig helped a lot with the organising and provision of scales and live well for the weigh in.

I just think that the ABT have not thought about how they can make the WA and SA ABT events happen at minimum cost to maintain what was a national competition.

Perhaps Steve Morgan could enlighten us as to why this has happened and if there is any chance of it resuming in the future as what is left is purely an eastern states competition.
Steve has left the ABT from what i hear so you wont be hearing it from him.

CHECK THIS.......

http://www.facebook.com/BreaminNPerchin
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Mature Bream

I'm no mathematical genius or anything and this could be way off but, for outr one Abt last year at the blackwood there was 28 boaters @$220ea, 27 non boaters @$110ea and all of which had to get there membership at least renewed comes to about 10k for a weekends fishing. Not having a dig much, Just wondering how this could not be enough money to keep it a truly national comp. oh and no tassie...that just makes me cry.

Dion
Old 04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Blue Lip

Stayed with the lads from the ABT in coota so was aware of this.
Simon Goldsmith is leaving the ABT after 10 years and they are huge shoes to fill. This year i was informed was a change over year.
I don't think people realise the amount of money needed to create a profit from a bream comp. Getting a field of 30 boaters and non boaters to an event in WA (last 3 years) is not enough.. After all it is a business. I know a decision like this wouldn't come lightly, We just have to show our upmost support to the classics and get 45-50 boats to each event to push for some rounds in 2015.

13 Fishing
Like us on Facebook for updates and pictures: http://www.facebook.com/13FishingAustralia?fref=ts
Old 04-12-2013, 09:51 AM
Blue Lip

Ok - for those that cannot read english

"While the exact dates for all the 2014 events is still being finalised we have a draft schedule and dates for many of our events. Below is what we scheduled for the year.
"

They havent even finished completing the date yet for Tazzie ...
Old 04-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Blue Lip

Very dissapointing 2 events to 1 to none not much respect shown for WA
Well it will be pretty difficult for any of us to qualify for the big dance !!

pb 47cm placcies Murray River
pb 44cm hards Murray River
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Blue Lip

Well boys its an excuse to all fish out of your comfort zones and do an eastern states comp!
I like the idea that these comps will be huge. i for one am defiantly doing the Mallacoota event.

13 Fishing
Like us on Facebook for updates and pictures: http://www.facebook.com/13FishingAustralia?fref=ts
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Blue Lip

Are you confident of your Eastern states sources about there being no ABT for W.A Dowelly ?

Oh and will we see you in the kayaks in 2014 ?

Last edited by Shortytheyakker; 04-12-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Blue Lip

as steve told me a few days ago - dont believe rumours .
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasbreamman View Post
Very dissapointing 2 events to 1 to none not much respect shown for WA
Well it will be pretty difficult for any of us to qualify for the big dance !!
I struggle to see how people feel that ABT has shown WA competitors any disrespect at all.
Vegas nothing personal against you at all fella, but you in particular have taken a lot from the WA bream scene (cash, prizes etc) as have a lot of other of the top breamers now and in the past, but how many of these guys have actually represented WA over east in the grand finals etc.
I had a running joke with Steve Morgan that even if I didn't automatically qualify for the GF I would see him next year when the list reached me.
Now I understand that people may not be able to get the time off (even though a weekend away with months of notice shouldn't be a stretch) and many say they cant afford it (I would suggest selling one of the 4 engels they have won that year), so bottom line is if you cant walk the walk opinions about whether ABT is disrespecting the egos of WA anglers doesn't really wash.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Big Bream

Location: Soon to be in an old aged home with Mark M, president of the Coffin Dodgers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Hollywood View Post
I struggle to see how people feel that ABT has shown WA competitors any disrespect at all.
Vegas nothing personal against you at all fella, but you in particular have taken a lot from the WA bream scene (cash, prizes etc) as have a lot of other of the top breamers now and in the past, but how many of these guys have actually represented WA over east in the grand finals etc.
I had a running joke with Steve Morgan that even if I didn't automatically qualify for the GF I would see him next year when the list reached me.
Now I understand that people may not be able to get the time off (even though a weekend away with months of notice shouldn't be a stretch) and many say they cant afford it (I would suggest selling one of the 4 engels they have won that year), so bottom line is if you cant walk the walk opinions about whether ABT is disrespecting the egos of WA anglers doesn't really wash.
Leon,
Spot on as usual

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: