Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-12-2015, 03:13 AM
Mature Bream

Out west ' of here ..... me and a mate where running the wires for an Geophysics survey

I had just finish running the left side of the wire and was waiting fro me mate to connect the rear right hand corner ' it was fairly thick scrub so dragging wire through that type of country can be a bastard but the quicker you can move it the better

I had positioned my wire and was just about to take a drink when i heard me mate yelling some 100m out to the west of me ' he was yelling on boarder line hysterical .... then DohDohDohDoh went quite 'mmm not good

I made my way through the scrub towards him and caught glimpse of him kneeling down looking out through the scrub some distance in front .... i made my way up and he pointed at the ground ...... big cat prints in the sand

Now i though a scrubber might have given him chase ' which while wasn't common it certainly was a likely scenario given the country .

What he said next made me think a bit ' he was pulling the line forward into position and a large cat jumped out in front of him out of a tree only meters in front of him ' when he stared to yell it piss bolted

Now i though this was pretty far fetched ' while i couldn't find the tree it was suppose to have jumped out of i did photograph a set of big cat tracks ... we used a Winfield Blue packet to gauge the size ' the paw print was bigger

I called the survey off for that area