Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Old 24-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Bream

Guys,

As Simon's baby came out a little early, the office has been short-staffed. The lists should be updated on Monday.

ABT would need at least 20 boats to consider a second Qualifying event in WA in 2009 - that's just the numbers talking.

Apologies about the date - there are very few gaps in the ABT calendar where we can put on an event at short notice!

Cheers,

SM
Old 24-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Blue Lip

I'm confident there will be 20+. I seem to recall the same things were said prior to the Walpole round and we had around thirty at that event.

Doesn't hurt to rev up those guys who are only thinking about entering tho

And send our congrats to Simon and his Mrs; hope all is well
Old 24-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Poddy Bream

what du u have to do to enter ? can u shore fish ? how du the comps work ? and what stuf du u need eg live fish tank ?
Old 25-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Blue Lip

Busso

www.bream.com.au for more info. Also go to the forums (link at the top of the page) and browse through for lots more info. Most of the questions you have asked are answered here; http://www.bream.com.au/abt/2008/breamrules08.pdf but very basically it's a boat based comp where if you don't have a tournament ready boat (see comp rules for boat requirements on the above link) you can enter as a non-boater. You get teamed up with a boater to fish the two days.

HTH

Footnote: Looks like the forums (fishing monthly as above) is down atm. bream.com.au is ok tho

Last edited by Stu_000; 25-04-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Blue Lip

Down in busso

Good to see another breamer in busso, just moved up from margs before xmas myself.

Stu got in before me but here is a bit more detail

You need to have a boat here are the specs but dont quote me- i may be slightly out. 3.8m long minimum 25hp or sufficient power to get two anglers and gear and full live tank to the plane. You dont need an electric motor but you are very disadvantaged without one. Minumum 60L livewell is required, as far as i know it can be an esky with an aerator running on it and you water change with a bucket. Or fully recirculating what ever you choose. It has to be divided to keep the two anglers bags seperate. You fish an allocated time slot with lure or fly only, no trolling- all cast and retrieve. Get your own bag of five bream 26cm to the fork (unsure of ABT measurement) Once you have a full bag you can continue to fish. Once you catch a bigger fish than one of the smaller ones in the livewell you must stop fishing until you throw the smaller one out and put the bigger one in. This is called upgrading or high grading. Thats pretty much it, be back on time so you dont get a penalty and weigh in your fish. Black bream only. You must have a PFD while on the plane and the driver of the boat must be wearing a lanyard. There are two groups of anglers- one with boats called boaters and the others without boats called non boaters or co anglers. There is a random draw before day one to pair up the anglers and another for the second day. Fish both days and heaviest combined bag for the two days wins.

If you dont have a boat you just send your entry through to ABT as a non boater as so long as there are enough boaters, you will get a place to start. In this case you only need a PFD and your fishing gear, but its a good thing to pack a couple of rounds of sandwhiches (share with your boater who lets you on his boat) and maybe 15-20 bucks to cover fuel. This isnt necessary but people will think highly of a non boater that looks after their boaters and will see you welcome for the next event.

One final thing, leave your personal opinions and any politics you have in your mind at home. Nobody wants the hear people whinging whilst on their boat.

Apart from that, its pretty much how you compete. Just take is socially and all will be fun.

If your down the marina one day and see a blue and silver bass boat cruising round, say gday- im there from time to time.
Old 25-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Poddy Bream

sweet will keep an eye out 4 ya thanks !
Old 26-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Blue Lip

I posted my entry over a week ago, I hope it didnt get lost in the mail.

Damaged my boat on my Walpole holiday so it might not be ready anyway.

Last edited by Shane; 26-04-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 26-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Mature Bream

Sorry....Can't make this one!

I'll be in training with Porsche Cars Australia over that weekend....
(poor me.....having to drive around Melbourne in the new 911 GT2 & Cayenne GTS.....BUGGER )

Willing to offer my boat to someone if needed though (shane?).

Swan/Canning PB 43cm
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"

¸.·´``·.¸.·´``·...¸><||||(º>

Last edited by Rossco32; 26-04-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 26-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Blue Lip

Cheers Rossco. Hopefully it is just a quick weld If it is something more major might drop you a PM.
Old 26-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Mature Bream

i will fish as a non boater if anyone has a spare seat down as i cant afford the costs on my own

cheers

Jarrad

http://pflueger.com.au/
http://berkley-fishing.com.au/
Old 27-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Fishing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_000 View Post
I'm launching at Oyster Harbour so I hope someone with a larger boat is there so I can follow in their wake
Not a bad idea for those leaving from OH to travel in small groups as it will probably be dark with the early start.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 27-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Blue Lip

i'm staying at emu point also so will be doing the run for oyster harbour, & the group idea sound good to me ....

should we set a time to meet at the ramp ... say 6:00am?
Old 27-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Bream

Guys,

Entry lists updated.

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb...pic.php?t=6364

Only 13 boats ATM.

Cheers,

SM
Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad mcdonald View Post
i'm staying at emu point also so will be doing the run for oyster harbour, & the group idea sound good to me ....

should we set a time to meet at the ramp ... say 6:00am?
I'm thinking about then Brad. I have to launch, drop the trailer, take the car back to Emu Point and then hopefully hitch a ride back to Oyster Harbour (or walk)

BTW Jarrad get your entry in asap and post up a request for a lift mate. Unfortunately my car is full of kids and luggage.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: