Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Soft Plastics

Soft Plastics Nothing but jubes in here…
Ecogear, Sliders, Atomic, Gene Larew, Bream Master...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Mature Bream

I've used a Tackle Back (Light model) and found it was bloody useless off the bank!

Are there actually any lure retrievers out on the market that work successfully from the bank?

Sorry about hijacking your thread harks98.
Old 17-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Blue Lip

ZIPBAIT METALBEATS !!!!!

tiny litle suckers @ 1.7gms, come as standard with 2 x single Decoy's and i CANT loose them no matter where i use them..every other metal i have used has been lost without exception but the little jems just keep comming back every time !
PB - Soft Plastic
A.Butcheri: 41cm Fork - Squidgy Wriggler 65mm in bloodworm / Gamakatsu 211 1/32 jig head
A.Australis: 34cm fork - Squidgy Bug in Bloodworm / Squidgy Resin head

Old 18-01-2009, 10:41 PM
SLAZMO

yeh the Tackleback light is a bit of an ass in the wind, the wind catches the cord and then the tackleback slides back up the line if there is very little angle on the line to the water....

there is another cheap series that Jarvis walker put out, small lead body with some stainless chains that hang off the bottom and i think that this will replace my tackleback soon as these will tangle in the hooks better than the bail style of the tackleback that requires that it pass over the lure or actually knock it off the snag, but what happens if your lure is between or behind the rock? the tackleback is far too long and rigid....

Although me knocking the origional tackleback system would be too nasty as it has retrieved many a lure both for me and me mates... i would say from the last outing that its retreived 40-60 $ worth of lures.... so its easily repaid itself in one outing!