Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
..maybe you need to look at steersys past results....
I had a look at Steerys stuff while checking out the Cranka stuff the other day,,

http://www.crankalures.com/index.php...=90&Itemid=115
Old 07-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by breambasher View Post
Wow well Im not buying Ecogears or berkley gulp or daiwa or shimano reels, because the teams sponsored by them dont always win or come in with a bag every comp....They must not be that good

...exactly...you cant win everytime ...but you just give it your best....remember that public behavior is as much a part of being sponsored as winning is...

Last edited by bender; 07-02-2011 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:37 AM
Mature Bream

Its hard to bite your tongue, when someone is always ruining the posts about cranka, but really at the end of the day.
Tupac is only a memory.
Those that know the brand are happy with the lures, and to us that is all we care for that we deliver a great product that we stand by, and we stand by our prostaff when they win or lose, and what ever they use.

Dan
Old 07-02-2011, 06:38 AM
tupac

Im sure they will tell us what they used on the day. Naturally you cant always win or do well.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Blue Lip

Dan is right there...at the classic that cranka just won in WA the anglers actually told us all that they used snapback grubs as well as crankas....they were the only two on the boat so didnt have to say anything...but the crankas certainly worked for them because the big bream would have fed a family of ten...
Old 07-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Blue Lip

how it is that you haven't yet been banned when you constantly hang DohDohDohDoh on a sponsor of this site is beyond me tupac.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Blue Lip

Chin up guys. sales speak volumes about the product, as long as your selling product...well your doing ok

I'm waiting on my cranks to arrive from fishin.com.au - by the way they offer fantastic customer service - so once I get them, I'll catch some bream and stick the cranka in its gob to take a photo with...

Seriously tho...I reckon these will be good...

www.crankalures.com
Old 07-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsterfisho View Post
Chin up guys. sales speak volumes about the product, as long as your selling product...well your doing ok

I'm waiting on my cranks to arrive from fishin.com.au - by the way they offer fantastic customer service - so once I get them, I'll catch some bream and stick the cranka in its gob to take a photo with...

Seriously tho...I reckon these will be good...
+1
Old 07-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Blue Lip

Still the nameless jellyfish...pulse away my pretty.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Big Bream

Great lure, catches fish

'nuff said......

PB, Big SA Coorong Black, 47cm fork, 3" Shrimp
----------
For the record I'm not kiwi, I just like taking the puss out of them....
...Smashing black
Old 07-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
.but the crankas certainly worked for them because the big bream would have fed a family of ten...

It did , very yummy
Old 07-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Fishing Tragic

Another one bits the dust.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Another one bits the dust.
BAZINGA!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Blue Lip

For everyones Information: My understanding is that Tupac is apparently someone who lived in Tasmania at one time and now resides in NSW. I am informed that his axe to grind is not with CRANKA itself but with me personally. Not certain why he feels the need to attack everything that i have anything to do with?... but maybe he would be man enough to let me and everyone else here know his true reasons for attacking every post that i make?...step up to the plate or step down I say!

As far as our results in the St Helens Classic event on the weekend goes... well what can i say we had a DohDohDohDohter!... Pre-fish day went to plan with us catching a good bag of fish on the new Cranks by about 10am with us fishing with around six different colors and all of them catching us a fish or two before we would move onto the next chosen color and fishing location. We found plenty of fish in several different areas in the bay on the pre fish day and had little trouble catching them. Wow what a difference a day makes!

Day one of the comp was a totally different day for us (and by all accounts) with very little to no fish activity on our chosen fishing locations. Out on the water on the day, we were struggling to understand the reasons for the lack of fish activity but in hindsight after some consideration that night we think we now understand what had happened. We thought we had done everything by the book and had planned to fish each location at the same stage of the tide as we had fished them on the pre-fish day to ensure that we did not miss the narrow bite window that the bay is renowned for. Anyway, what we think had happened to our fish covered shores was that a wind direction change overnight had pushed the fresh that was still spewing out of the Georges River mouth from recent floods directly onto our chosen fishing shores... bugger! My fishing partner Andrew Cox and I even spoke about the slightly different water color we were seeing on these shores compared to the pre-fish day (slightly more tannin stained/brackish) but still it had not twigged to us that this may be the reason that we were not seeing anything like the fish activity on these shores. Everything looks clearer in hindsight!

I fished the New CRANKA Crank hard all day on day one of the comp running about 8 different colors all with little or no result in the waters that we had chosen to fish. While my fishing partner switched through an array of lures which have proven their worth on these waters in the past but these were also drawing a blank in our chosen fishing locations. Finally late in the session after we had hit all of our chosen day one locations for no result on any lure that we were tossing, we chose to go and fish some of the more well known and and more commonly fished areas in the bay in the hope of putting together a bag of smaller fish that these areas are known to consistently produce. This move produced 3 undersize fish with two going 24-24.5cm to fork and one squeaker legal at 26 to fork! In hindsight we left our run to these locations too late to eek out a bag!

After some discussion that night, we made a decision to not go back to the smaller fish locations that had produced at least one legal fish for us on day one but we decided to again go after the better fish that we know reside in certain areas of the bay. We knew this was a risky move at the time as we know how hard these fish can be to catch at the best of times little own on day two of a comp with a TAS Classic record field of 30 teams running around all over the waterway! Anyway to cut a long story short, we targeted some big fish on day two of the comp and threw everything in our boxes at them but could not manage to get one of these bigger fish to commit! We gave it everything we had and came up short!... sometimes the big fish just do not want to play the game.. bugger it!

With about one hour left in the comp to go we left the bigger fish in peace with our tails firmly tucked between our legs and moved to a know smaller fish producing location. In this last hour we both ran the new CRANK with me throwing the Glass AYU color and Coxy throwing the SMOKED PRAWN color and manged to boat two undersize with one going 24.5cm to fork again and one legal that weighed 750grams and around 31-32 fork length!

So for anyone interested this is how our St Helens Classic comp panned out for us. Some you win and some you loose!

Cheers
Steersy

PS: Andrew Krushka and his son Jonty also fished the new CRANKA crank throughout the comp and they boated 11-12 legals on day one on them but only manage one legal on day two... so I can assure you that they do catch, thats just tough days of bream fishing on Georges Bay for ya!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Fishing Tragic

Don't worry about it Steersy, he won't be bothering us again.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg

Last edited by Bear; 07-02-2011 at 09:48 AM.