Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Big Bream

Just a thought- to keep things social make each tourney/ get together separate from the next ie, no aoy etc or points tally over a year. Instead have a windup at the end of the year with prizes for hard luck, distance travelled etc
Old 02-07-2008, 06:42 AM
Blue Lip

A bit more on the club.

We have basically come up with West Coast Sporting Anglers- leaving us open to more than just breaming and tournament fishing. We want to be a (large!) group of light tackle anglers making the most of the catch and release fishing potential that WA has to offer. We want to promote new people to catch and release fishing, encourage people getting together to fish socially, conduct events that will be social in nature yet allow people to vent a small amount of competitive urge. At the moment Dave and I are pushing all the initial bits and pieces but thought that there is no better way to get the ball rolling than have some days where people can rock up and fish some basic formats and enjoy it. We dont want any personal gain out of it, rather to see companies get behind the C+R light tackle sportsfishing industry in return for the exposure they will be given. All your ideas we dont mean to critisize (sorry gary it was very early this morning when i saw your post- thanks for the input mate) and we are taking note of them. Once all the formalities is sorted, we will be having an AGM where we invite as many people who want to come along, to organise the committee. Once that is set up we hope to run some fundraising events to boost the club funds up to a point where we can run things smoothly. Then more bits and pieces will come.

Thats our basic plan for now and we will keep everyone up to speed when we know things. It would be great to have some events down south by summertime.

In the mean time us the organisers (there isnt just dave and I) really appreciate you guys coming up with ideas that would encourage you to commit to the club and catch and release fishing.

HOW DIPLOMATIC WAS THAT!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Mature Bream

Brad and Dave,
Your intentions may be honourable but you may be creating another click.
I haven't seen any input from Craig &Tim or Bear and co.
We need to amalgamate the whole breaming community or it won't work.

Cheers Gary
Old 04-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Fishing Tragic

Gary,
rest assured the guys have at least been talking to both Sewelly and myself. This is a BIG task they have taken on and I'm sure there will be a lot more to come out in the open very soon as I know they want to get this right.

I do agree, as unintentional as it is, that the click risk is there, all I ask is that you give them a go to get the ball rolling and I'm sure there will be a lot more to come out soon. This is a mammoth task to take on at the initial stage, but more will be revealed soon.

Thanks,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 05-07-2008, 03:37 AM

Gary

I have communicated via "pm" with Dave and can assure everyone that Timmsy and I wholeheartedly support this enterprise/venture - we are happy to offer advice and the gear we have accumulated.

Dave Press and I have a long association (friendly too); he has my mobile number and knows I am happy to assist.

But this is an opportunity for "new blood" to take the lead and build this sport - fresh ideas; etc. etc.

Go for it guys - looks good so far.

Craig
Old 05-07-2008, 04:18 AM
Bream

... and it's spelled 'clique', BTW.....

SM
Old 05-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Poddy Bream

Thumbs up If you build it they will come !

Needs;

1. Good club house with beer.

Dave and Brad & Co, i'm sure everyone will get involved eventually.
If you build it they will come !.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Poddy Bream

the idea of this club sounds fantastic, it would be great to be able to get out fishing with people on a regular basis and have a competitive and social atmosphere. the best bit to me is the social side, myself having a large young family any time on the water for me is priceless and being able to do that and have a social aspect behind it would be great. i hope the idea goes to plan and i believe you will get alot more people like me who wouldn't be able to travel every weekend or go to every "away" meet but would still be at every event close to home or that they could get to..

Best of luck getting it organised.. look forward to joining
Old 06-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Big Bream

How about we don't start by complaining about clickines (or clique, whatever). To this only puts a negative slant on every thing before it is started, if someone is trying to put this together how about we all offer assistance and not condemn them from the start. I recently attended the Bream Hands On Day on the Swan, I didn't know anybody yet still had a fantastic time (as did my daughter). Because of that I recently purchased a 24V Minn Kota after talking in detail to the owner of the trophy boat, I found everybody easy to talk to and they were a font of knowledge. If this club is going to be the same (and I believe it will) then I can't wait. clicky indeed.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Poddy Bream

G'day All,

Dave & Brad, great idea on the fishing club. I am looking forward to joining once the opportunity arises. I have really enjoyed being involved both as a competetor and a sponsor of the Bream Classics series over the past 3 years and would be more than happy to support this new venture in any way I can.

As for ideas for the club it would be great to see a couple of family type days throughout the year or days were we are able to invite non-members to show them what it's all about. Once again boys great idea and to all the Breamers / Sport fishing anglers out there get behind it as I reckon it is going to be sensational.

Regards Richard
ENGEL Portable Fridge/Freezers
Old 08-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Mature Bream

Bream electric , Summer night series and freshwater would be great to see a return of similar events to these. I would also like to see something different as far as the weighing in of undersize ( comp size ) fish. I will be supportive of the whole club idea , i think its great and i will attend most if not all the future comps / social events. All the best
Old 08-07-2008, 04:39 AM
Big Bream

Pete running events for Electrics and Freshwater are definately on the agenda as are Twilight events like Summer Nights.

Not sure what your referring to re: undersize fish though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: