Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 26-12-2015, 12:49 AM
Blue Lip

I honestly think that anyone who wholeheartedly believes that there are panthers, pumas, cougars etc roaming around the Australian bush has to be a little bit nuts, but anyone who is adamant that there aren't is completely and utterly moronic.
Old 26-12-2015, 04:13 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
I honestly think that anyone who wholeheartedly believes that there are panthers, pumas, cougars etc roaming around the Australian bush has to be a little bit nuts, but anyone who is adamant that there aren't is completely and utterly moronic.
I like the way you think.

The emptiest vessels often make the most noise. I always get numb-nuts coming up to me while fishing the Yarra. They say "you're wasting your time Mate - theres no fish in there". They are 100% certain, with out even having fished it, that there are no fish in there.

I often ask them how many times they've fished this stretch of the Yarra and they say "never". And I say "so how do you know theres no fish here?"

Most of them are too dumb to join the dots and realize they maybe passing judgement on something they have absolutely no idea about.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 27-12-2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old 26-12-2015, 04:40 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
I like the way you think.

The emptiest vessels often make the most noise. I always get numb-nuts coming up to me while fishing the Yarra. They say "you're wasting your time Mate - theres no fish in there". They are 100% certain, with out even having fished it, that there are no fish in there.

I often ask them how many times they've fished this stretch of the Yarra and they say never. And I say "so how do you know theres no fish here"

Most of them are too dumb to join the dots and realize they maybe passing judgement on something they have absolutely no idea about.
Ha. Id rather be an empty moron than a fool with a jumanji fantasy.
Old 26-12-2015, 04:57 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Ha. Id rather be an empty moron than a fool with a jumanji fantasy.
The truth is out there Manno

You probably think King Kong doesnt exist - even when this HD quality documentary footage clearly proves he does

Old 26-12-2015, 04:57 AM
Blue Lip

there aren't any in Aus,i've seen ferals to about a metre TTT but you'll never see one TTF
cheers nereus
Surface 39cm and work in progress
H/B mully 83cm and not so bitter
S/P mully 85cm on 4lb FC
Old 26-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Blue Lip

Without going into detail i've seen and heard things in victoria and NSW that leave me with almost no doubt about big cats (real big cats, NOT feral cats) living in these states.
I can fully understand people saying big cats in OZ are a myth....but they are not.
Old 26-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Blue Lip

Sounds almost religious to me. Anyway, im happy to be proven wrong. Let me know when you find one.......

Last edited by manno; 26-12-2015 at 05:12 AM.
Old 26-12-2015, 05:09 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr perch View Post
Without going into detail i've seen and heard things in victoria and NSW that leave me with almost no doubt about big cats (real big cats, NOT feral cats) living in these states.
I can fully understand people saying big cats in OZ are a myth....but they are not.
I've seen heard more about yowie's than feral cats. Victoria high country is strange....very strange...

Been deer shooting with my dad as a young bloke and when your dad is scared and panicking you are effing scared!!!!
Old 26-12-2015, 05:14 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post
I've seen heard more about yowie's than feral cats. Victoria high country is strange....very strange...

Been deer shooting with my dad as a young bloke and when your dad is scared and panicking you are effing scared!!!!
Bunyips?
Old 26-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Bunyips?
Big hairy and fast lol
Old 26-12-2015, 05:19 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Sounds almost religious to me. Anyway, im happy to be proven wrong. Let me know when you find one.......
Well they've already got bigfoot and I nabbed this cat in remote north QLD - So the yowie is only a matter of time

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4282.jpg (38.0 KB, 177 views)
Old 26-12-2015, 05:27 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt jorg View Post

There used to be a booklet available at the Quirindi train station/information centre that contained information about the Aboriginal people from the surrounding regions. I found it quite fascinating that in this little booklet it was documented that many of the tribes stretching from Quirindi to Moree spoke of an actual separate race of people that were completely covered in hair that fought with the Aboriginal people, and as a result were eventually wiped out.
Old 26-12-2015, 09:11 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooling89 View Post
This was shot in 2005 with a a tail length of 26" long but was DNA tested and found to be a unit of a feral cat..
I've seen some mindgy looking wild dogs and some big feral cats whilst hunting, I think big feral cats is the answer with the majority of images looking like they've been taken with a potato and with the amount of hunters/farmers out there yet not one shot or any carcass's found of the so called panther.
I've been lucky enough to chat with the old guy in the pic (Kurt) who shot that cat on more than one occasion about the whole 'cat' thing - and he tells the story unflinchingly overtime, including the part about the other 3 or so cats that were with that particular one.

I say there's too much out there that's unexplained to rule anything out - unless you're an empty vessel, or catholic
Old 26-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Blue Lip

All this talk reminds me of an experience I had a few years ago.
I was wandering along a creek bank flicking a lure into the snags when in the bush behind me came a blood chilling growl. I didn't pay too much attention until a minute or so later I heard it again.
Curiosity got the better of me and I just had to see what it was. So I crept into the bush and a lyrebird comes charging out straight at me giving me the fright of my life.
Now this creek is only a couple of hundred metres off the Princess Highway where there's a steep hill and a couple of sharp turns. The lyrebird was imitating the noise of the exhaust brakes on the semi trailers heading down around the corners.
Old 27-12-2015, 04:05 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr perch View Post
I understand your reluctance to share.

I spoke to a deer hunter who saw some stuff and he said there is no way he would share the location. I thought it was out of respect for the thing he saw. But it was because he didnt want any noisy rubber necking blowins scaring the game out of the area.

One cough or snapped twig can ruin a days hunt and a human walking around with the breeze at his back can flush all the meat out of a valley. Tourists with aftershave and gortex jackets rubbing and scraping on bushes, talking and going through their packs for snacks, could shut the place down in an instant.

So if you have ever wondered why hunters, arent talkative, smell bad, dont wear rain coats, carry lighters to judge even the slightest breeze and are barefoot or wearing wetsuit booties - these are some of the sacrifices you have to make to see stuff in the bush

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: