Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 09-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Poddy Bream

There was a guaranteed cure for sea sickness on the market, but you could only buy it from one chemist shop in New Zealand, but its been taken of the market recently, even the worst cases have been cured by these pills, hopefully they will bring them back because thay are guaranteed to work with no side effects whatsoever. Other than that the only ones that worked were the ones you stick behind the ears, but they really made you feel pretty ordinary with the side effects. other than that a lot of hours at sea will cure you for life...
Old 09-11-2004, 04:05 AM
Big Bream

If the boat is a 2 stk it can make you feel worse well me anyway, all the fuel fumes, i dont get sea sick but i feel abit diff if i can smell fuel. anyway the horizon line works im told
good luck.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Mature Bream

Talking baaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhffff!!!

I used to get sea sick real bad, started usin the travacalm ginger tablets, which made me feel sick even b4 i got onto a boat, found quells to b the best and my mates all swear by the wrist bands. stopped getn sea sick after a trip on the young endeavor at the start of the year, three days of non stop spewiin and five more days of rough seas made me immune to sea sickness! P.S. the crew all rekn the natural remedies available are shite

WORD OF ADVISE - do not, i repeat do not eat rice when goin salt water, vomiting that stuff up could only compared to regurgitating sandpaper!!!

Dave

-Essendon Fish Protection Society and Angling Club
-Noel clarke's Tackle Bar
-whittley cruisers (lol, wish we made bass boats)

less yapn, more catch(;
Old 09-11-2004, 07:53 AM
Blue Lip

The ginger thing is definitely good- I even found out it helps with the "morning after a big night on rum" farts

Back on the proper subject, travacalm or quells are supposed to be okay and they do make you a bit drowsy but don't be tempted to scull a few energy drinks. Have heard a guy had a heart attack from sedatives and red bulls on a charter boat.

If you do find yourself sick, try to eat something substantial even if your not feeling hungry. This usually induces a session of trying to find "harree" under the boat. Once its all out you feel fine.

Dont look at the bottom of the boat or sit down inside it. Try to get up the front and cop a bit of spray and wind and try swinging yourself for fun to make the swell seem bigger. The more you give it, the less it gives you. Its all psychological.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally posted by CHUNQX
When you don't really go out to sea too much because you don't own a boat and then someone invites you on theirs, it is a little difficult to sleep well the night before the trip! You wake up every half hour wondering if its time to go....
Aint that the truth!
I use to decky on a charter boat every weekend and even to this day I still cant sleep if I know Im going out in the morning. As for seasickness, I have only been sick once and that was from to much bourbon the night before. I do get a little queasy from time to time if the sea is rolling to much but thats easily cured with another Tim Tam and swig of homemade ice coffee

try this
2 litres of milk
8 teaspoons of instant coffee
16 teaspoons of sugar
shake well and consume constantly

Good if you dont want to sleep for 3 days too

"Its not how deep you go, its how you wiggle your worm"
Old 09-11-2004, 09:51 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

I was the other bloke feeling sick on the Boat.

We normally would have turned around and driven home when confronted with these conditions but we had all made a fair effort and decided to go out anyway. Big mistake. I havent felt that sick on the water in ages.

Just got back from session 30 mins ago and conditions weren't the best but at least you could stand up without holding onto something.

P.S. Chunqx - that squid you gave us landed the only 2 pinkies for the night (65cm and around 50cm). Both on my gear, so thanks very much. I'm getting a film developed tommorrow so I stick some photos up.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 09-11-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:57 PM
Blue Lip

Phew... I thought it was normal conditions then yellow door.. I might conjure up the courage to go an a boat again maybe in a month!
I can't believe that other chap, Chris, didn't get sea sick!
How was conditions when you went out again?
I started this thread yesterday and even after reading some of the stuff I wrote and thought about it I was starting to feel a little nauseous....
I'm heading for Gold Coast tomorrow and I was (note: WAS) planning to hire a boat or a charter out for a fish. I think I might just keep my feet planted on dry land.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:37 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

You're welcome anytime I have a free spot.

As for Chris - the guy is a freak - I learnt later that he didnt get a wink of sleep the night before either. Forget Kwells, he was on the Disco Bickies. Maybe they're the answer - got to be better than Bourbens as a prefish ritual.

The conditions looked good when we pulled into the carpark last night. Still the occasional white cap but it calmed off nicely when the wind started to swing more easterly. Chris was the only one on the boat last night to admitt feeling a little sick. I think that had more to do with him loosing his rod and reel over the side after a bizarre casting incident, than the conditions.

I was telling the boys to use your squid but they wanted to have an even spread of baits. After I got 2 they changed but by that time the wind had blown us off the mark.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:52 AM
Blue Lip

Well, it seems, my jigheads work, my baits work... so long as I'm NOT USING THEM!!!! BUGGER! I'll have to get over my fear of boats first methinks and pictures of big snapper will certainly help to that end.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Banned

Gotta luv those jig-heads, don't ya chung?

Baits? Hmmm. They don't wok for me! I beat everyone else when I fish plastics! Baits SUCK Chunqx!

But have you thought bout' my theory for sea-sickness? I reccomend it, it prevents vomiting and Nausia!

Cheers, Ryan
Old 10-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Blue Lip

Apparently someone else says they stuff themselves with biscuits when they get sick so they'll have somehting to throw up after which they'll feel better! I'm not crazy about throwing up although I know it makes you feel better after that.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:35 AM
Poddy Bream

Hey Chunqx
I've worked at sea for over 20 years and THE best thing for sea sickness is eating strawberry jam sandwich's with NO butter.

Cheers
Cold Beer
Old 10-11-2004, 09:12 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by CHUNQX
Well, it seems, my jigheads work, my baits work... so long as I'm NOT USING THEM!!!! BUGGER! I'll have to get over my fear of boats first methinks and pictures of big snapper will certainly help to that end.
This is what we turned your squid into on tuesday night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg double pinkie.jpg (42.3 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by yellow door 1; 10-11-2004 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:48 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

One of me and chris before he lost his rod. After that he had trouble russling up a grin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big smiles.jpg (36.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 10-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Banned

Grrrrrrrrrr.

I want!

Wher'd ya get 'em Lawrence? Nice ones there! I wouldn't be suprised if there is snapper like that in the docklands!Must try some day!

Cheers, Ryan