Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 17-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Poddy Bream

DohDohDoh now owns Cambells???

I've heard rumors that cambells pro tackle has been bought out by DohDohDoh. Is this true?
Old 17-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Blue Lip

Hope not. I don't like how the two big stores are becoming the only choice in tackle etc. I find that the bigger stores only cater for the lower end of the market and a small amount for the higher end of the market.
Old 17-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Fishing Tragic

Not new news gents. I believe there will be 2 new Pro Tackle stores. Could get interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 18-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Big Bream

its true
the word around the streets is DohDohDoh bought campbells pro tackle and the reason i believe is that campbells has buying powers over every tackle business in australia on some specalist products which DohDohDoh wanted... put 1 and 1 together now DohDohDoh will have products noone can get!!!

Proudly Associated with:

Pure Fishing
http://www.purefishing.com.au/

Berkley Soft Plastics
Old 18-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Poddy Bream

Its unfortunate that and the eastern states companies are 'taking over' the WA market. Example - DohDohDoh sponsor Fishing WA, an eastern states company sponsoring what is supposed to be an entirely WA based fishing series/mag. Consequently we have dropped all Fishing WA gear.
Unfortunately it seems that the eastern states companies see WA as an endless source of consumer wealth, but all they are doing is putting smaller operators out of business.
Getting off the subject a bit........
From a consumer point of view some of the prices are a little better, sometimes, so why not help the WA market out and if they do have a slightly better price, take it back the the WA owned companies and see if they will price match. We do all the time with DohDohDoh just around the corner.
The only thing they lack is knowledge and service, thats where we kill them every time.

PBs -1 x 52cm & 2 x 48cm @ Moore River on oldschool Rebel Crawdad & Tilsan Bass HBs.

The novice angler only practices what he is taught, while the experienced angler teaches himself.
Old 18-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Mature Bream

do you think my BFC vouchers will be valid at cambells ?????
Old 18-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
The only thing they lack is knowledge and service, thats where we kill them every time.

This is exactly why I had the little guys going out of business. I have a fishing reel that needs servicing and the only tackle stores in my area that I could find were the big corporate ones. I wasn't going to take a reel to them. The knowledge is a big thing too. I don't want to walk in to a tackle store and talk to some 17 year old who knows nothing about fishing.

Justin
Old 18-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Poddy Bream

It was mentioned on another forum that daiwa was planning on cutting it’s top line gear to cambells because it didn’t want a major chain selling its elite stuff. I don’t know if this is true, but now with DohDohDoh the same company as Super cheap Auto taking control of the market in Australia things could start to get a bit interesting.
Old 19-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Blue Lip

DohDohDoh is absolutely useless when it comes to knowledge and advice. I would prefer to pay a bit extra and buy my gear from a real tackle shop and not a glorified fishing supermarket. Strange but DohDohDoh prices are generally way more especially for reels?

It's a sad day when the little blokes gets swallowed up but Campbells obviously got an offer too good to refuse.
Old 19-12-2007, 07:58 AM
Blue Lip

I think that all the guys that were working at DohDohDoh are still there so you will be able to get plenty of knowledge still just go and see Luke he is workin there {angler3.55}.