Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Poddy Bream

Biomaster

G'day everyone, i'm looking at upgrading and updating on my old Stradic 1000FI to a nice new Biomaster 1000FB! i was just wondering if anyone has any information about these reels or if there are any other reels that i should consider (bearing in mind that i will only by shimano)

Cheers Macca
Old 12-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Mature Bream

there is a stella or a sustain and man they are nice reels
Old 12-07-2012, 05:34 AM
Poddy Bream

Yea but the sustain doesn't come with a spare spool and the stella is a little out of my price range
Old 12-07-2012, 05:36 AM
Mature Bream

Biomaster is a beautiful little reel, it is the replacement for the old Twin Power, which had basically Stella internals with a few less bearings.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 AM
Mature Bream

just get a sustain you will never look back and just save up for a new spool
Old 12-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Big Bream

Let the guy choose the bio master is a step up from a sustain the nice thing about the sustain has a eva handle but the bio master has the spare spool.

good luck with the decision
Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Blue Lip

I had a look at BioMasters when I thought about changing reel brand. As the seccond from the top in the Aussie market they are not really up there but for the price I think they are a really good looking and well performing reel. I think you could buy much worse reels.

The reason I didnt buy them was because they had a little bit of play in the handle.

Cheers
Chris

Yes I want a hamburger!!! god!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:42 AM
Poddy Bream

Thanks heaps for al the advice and input fella's, really appreciate it!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaterra View Post
Biomaster is a beautiful little reel, it is the replacement for the old Twin Power, which had basically Stella internals with a few less bearings.
Not exactly. Twinpower is a step down from Stella, sustain, stradic & biomaster are after that in order. There is no real equivalent to a JDM twinpower in Oz. There are twinpowers that were made in Thailand, I'm not counting them. The MG twinpower are very nice reels and have only just been super-seeded by some very sexy reels. Biomaster are heavier.

If you need a spare spool get a rarenium. If you want to go above a stradic, try a sustain (heavy but might balance a rod or something).
Old 12-07-2012, 05:51 AM
Blue Lip

I think you might have the order wrong

Stella, Biomaster, Sustain, Stradic/Raremium, Stradic is what I thought the Aussie order is??? Massive quality gap in the middle, BioMaster is good but not worthy of seccond in the lineup

Thought twinnpower got the axe from the Aussie line up??

Cheers
Chris

Yes I want a hamburger!!! god!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Poddy Bream

I'll be purchasing the reel from my local tackle store, Fishing Tackle Australia. Which is DohDohDohDohDohDohDohDoh
Old 12-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Blue Lip

Mate, from what I have read, the sustain are actually better than the biomaster, but the biomaster is worth more due to a spare spool. I'm not sure why you are worried about the sustain not having a spare spool, because, with the money you save on buying a sustain compared to a biomaster, you could practically order a spare spool.

I've just been looking at buying a reel in this range, and I personally didn't like the feel of the biomaster compared to the sustain. I however couldn't justify the extra 130 bucks on a sustain over a stradic fj (3bearings and a better drag) so today I picked up a 2500fj. I will later buy two handle bearings and a worm gear bearing, which will make my stradic very close to a sustain for 100 bucks less. Each to their own tho, the biomaster would be good for hardz, with a slower gear ratio, whilst the sustain feels great with that Eva knob.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Poddy Bream

Yea i've just been reading about product reviews and also looked at some on Youtube and i think i'll be going the Sustain at this stage!
Old 13-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Big Bream

1 piece of advice on these reels... whichever one you go with wind the handle up and have a good play with it.. ive a biomaster 2500fb and it does have a little handle play and also too noisy and rough on the internals with retrieves.... as in sometimes i dont even know it its a fish "hit" or the reel.

another thing ive noticed is the price... sustains around the world seem to be a pretty common pricing, whereas the biomaster seems to be around $100 cheaper around the world in most places.. considering this i think the bio should be more around the same price as the Sustain's.... yes you get a spare spool but the Sustain is actually a step up to the Biomaster's.

also note you will never use the spare spool on a 1000 size reel. 6LB braid will cover all fish from whiting to trevally.

ive fished all reels in the shimano line and hands down the 2500 CI4 is best. (other than my stella)
Old 13-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukereneeseth View Post
1 piece of advice on these reels... whichever one you go with wind the handle up and have a good play with it.. ive a biomaster 2500fb and it does have a little handle play and also too noisy and rough on the internals with retrieves.... as in sometimes i dont even know it its a fish "hit" or the reel.

another thing ive noticed is the price... sustains around the world seem to be a pretty common pricing, whereas the biomaster seems to be around $100 cheaper around the world in most places.. considering this i think the bio should be more around the same price as the Sustain's.... yes you get a spare spool but the Sustain is actually a step up to the Biomaster's.

also note you will never use the spare spool on a 1000 size reel. 6LB braid will cover all fish from whiting to trevally.

ive fished all reels in the shimano line and hands down the 2500 CI4 is best. (other than my stella)
Hey mate, those cheap biomasters you refer to are Stradic fj equivalent, they are not the fb, less bearings and no spare spool.
You must have a reel needing some tlc there my bio 1000 was mint. I sold it only as I had a Stella 1000 with same ratio.
Bio fb and new sustain are internally identical except for retrieve ratio.
And I'm sure many will agree the Stradic ci4 is not that smooth, I used them for 2 years from when they came out in 09 and sold them onward due to roughness and handle play!!

Just voicing my opinion mate it's strange hey as I have completely opposite thoughts there on your points that are valid opinions don't get me wrong

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: