Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Electric Trolling Motors

Electric Trolling Motors The ultimate bream fishing accessory...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Poddy Bream

I have a saltwater terrova about 4 months old now. luv it. I can understand the confusion as it wasn't easy to work out what is what. My understanding is that if the model says Riptide ST/AP/CP this means that it is a Riptide ST-salt water Terrova with AP-Auot pilot and CP-Copilot. To upgrade to IPilot is a easy change of the head unit. Terrovas can know be sold standard with Ipilot. If you have an earlier model you may not be able to upgrade it to AP - autopilot or Ipilot. I haven't upgraded to Ipilot and may not do so as the AP and CP work for me, bit procey at the moment, but will see. I understand the guys who have had foot controls finding it difficult to adapt to the small wrist unit, which can also be mounted on your rod. A footpedal is optional on the Terrova CP/AP. This is why MinnKota say that you can have up to 10 control units per motor. Some guys have lots of rods all with their own controller. Bit of overkill for me. I only need 2. Once you get used to the wrist/rod controller you wont bother with the optional footcontroller.
Hope this helps. Good luck