Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Electric Trolling Motors

Electric Trolling Motors The ultimate bream fishing accessory...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Fingerling

Battery for Jarvis Walker Watersnake Electric Motor 34lb

Hi all,

I just bought Jarvis Walker Watersnake Electric Motor 34lb Thrust from Ebay. the specs are:

12 Volt
5 Speed Forward
2 Speed Reverse
Transom Mount
Alloy Main Shaft
Shaft Length 78cm
Saltwater Resistant
Telescopic Handle
Amp Draw (up to 25 amps at full speed)
Tiller Steer
I am planning to use it on this intex inflatable. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.....cWON.m313.lVI

What sort of battery amd charger should I buy ? where do I get them from ?

Thanks in advance
Old 22-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Big Bream

Dont spose you found an answer to this? Im thinking this is so old I guess you didnt?
I just bought a 54 thrust & was wondering about a battery also.
Will maybe call a battery place I guess to see what they say.

If anyone has experience with these please feel free to add any tips etc in their use for me.

Kayak PB's - Rainbow Trout 43cm - Bream 41cm - Flathead 55cm - Tailor 60+cm - Flounder 44cm - Sand Whiting 31cm - KGW 35cm - Mangrove Jack 33cm.
Old 22-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Big Bream

When it comes to batteries buy as big as u can afford although u also need to take into account the weight of it and how it will affect ur boat.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:28 PM
SLAZMO

Delkor Lead Calcuim 80 to 120Amp Hour battery the larger the better! However the more expensive also...

I get about 6 to 9 hours use on a 30Lb with the DC27 (80amp hour) on my Viking Tempo that weighs about 180kg, thats around the southport broadwater going up and down the rev range and against the tide in the seaway etc for that time and mostly trolling...

To recharge the battery, I have the Jay Car "Power Tech Plus MB3606" 7 Stage Charger that I got for $149 and that's just as good and of not better than the big name chargers that cost more and are only a 3 stage, so do yourself a favour and get one of these!... Its a 7 Amp charger and suited upto 200amp batteries from memory and takes 12 hours to charge overnight depending on depth of discharge, best to leave it for a little longer eg: 48 hours so the battery gets a good maintenance cycle.

The charger can be left on indefinatly as it'll just trickle charge the battery and maintain it for as long as its connected. Also dont store the battery on concrete as it'll die pretty quick. A inch thick piece of rubber or wood will do as a base under it - and store it in a proper 'dunbier' battery box.

All up I think I paid about $450 for the battery and charger and another $199 for the Minn Kota.

P.s. Dont get an Optima battery regardless whoever talks you into it, they're no good for our applications.

Last edited by SLAZMO; 22-07-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 22-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Mature Bream

Hi guys hope this helps

i have a 54lb watersnake and after bit of advice from a mate i ended up buying a ac delco deep cycle battery model number dcm27smf rrp around the $250.00 mark roughly

have found can easily get a whole day of fishing off it and have never had any issues of not enough charge etc

One thing ill recommend is buy a decent charger for charging not worth a budget one as may resikt in damaging battery or taking ages to charge

good luck