Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:34 AM
Poddy Bream

Smile Greetings from Sydney.

Hello,

I've just joined the forum after lurking for a while.

I hadn't fished for about a decade and started up again around Christmas last year casting soft plastics at Flatties, something I'd never done before and I'm actually enjoying a fair degree of success.

About a month ago I visited the forum and did some home work on catching Bream on soft plastics. As it went I caught two nice fish on my first outing using Gulp 2 1/2" Crabbys and 1/16 oz jigheads. A fortnight later I caught another solid Bream and three Flatties using 2" Crabbys and 1/40 oz jigheads. This morning I caught no Bream but two nice Flatties.

Anyhow, fair to say I'm hooked! I fish from the shore and other than my son in law I fish alone. I'd love to learn more about Bream and hopefully make a friend or two along the way.

Alex
Old 11-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Mature Bream

Welcome. mate. Yep the lure fishing scene can get addictive that is for sure. I have been a member for a few years here, but was not active for a while when I took the path of chasing snapper and gummy sharks almost exclusively. They are a very welcoming and helpful bunch of blokes on Bream Master. Don't be afraid to ask questions, someone will have an answer. On the flatties, i find that small vibes work really well also.

Pflueger Trion 2-4kg 701LT, Shimano Stradic 2500 Ci4

PB Bream - 37cm TTF, Tilsan Bass
PB Estuary Perch - 48cm TTF, Rebel Crawdad
PB Flathead - 71cm, TT Switchblade
Old 12-06-2017, 01:40 AM
Poddy Bream

Thanks Stacer,

I've got plenty of questions no doubt, I've lurked for a while and found plenty of answers too. Being new to soft plastics is fairly confusing.

I work on a Naval Base and consequently I get permission to fish. The wharfs are alive with huge Bream and I feed them at lunch time with bread. I could certainly catch all I wanted by dropping a bit of bread in with a hook and line attached but that doesn't interest me. One of the boys caught one that was 52cm awhile back with bread and 40+cm are common enough.

I'll keep plugging away with soft plastics and hopefully I'll top my soft plastic 34cm PB.