Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Poddy Bream

Another Melbournite

Having been a long time lurker, I recently posted my first entries, so this is somewhat of a belated introduction.

I’ve been fishing for four decades, mainly in the salt but with a little fresh thrown in for good measure and over the years chased everything from tiddlers to big tuna and marlin across a few states. Fresh bait was the mainstay of my fishing for so many years but a little over a decade ago soft plastics and braid caught my attention and in the space of a few years changed my fishing outlook forever. With possibly one or two exceptions, all my fishing these days is lure based, using finesse tackle to suit the occasion. Today, I’ll happily take a session in an estuary or a calm bay rather than be knocked about chasing gamefish in typical southern seas. On my home turf of Melbourne and Port Phillip Bay, a favourite of mine is chasing both bream and snapper, amongst others, on artificials, preferrably hards. Out of all my gear and setups, it’s the light stuff, the spin rods, that see duty 90% of the time.

Along the way I took an interest in rod building and have built over a hundred rods over the years for myself, family and close friends. Game rods were the big flavour early on but in more recent years high modulus finesse rods have been the greatest area of interest. Mind you, with a young family, finding the time these days to roll my own is becoming more and more difficult. It can be hard enough finding the time to go fishing!

Anyway, this is a great site, offering a wealth of information and I hope to contribute along the way.

Cheers
Seal1