Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > General Tournament Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 03:42 AM
Mature Bream

The Tournament Lies

It never seems to amaze me how Anglers just blatantly lie to protect there sponsorship deals.
This is why as a importer I refuse to sponsor any of these tournaments and have been very reluctant to sponsor any anglers.
I read these tournaments reviews written on the ABT BREAM website to utter disgust on how you anglers continue such practices.
This is also relevant to latest report for the grand final you anglers know who you are, as it all comes out later when I get told of who actually was using what.
How the tournaments committee can also allow such practices to continue shows how unprofessional it all really is.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Mature Bream

Spam. Reported.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:51 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Spam. Reported.
Cut him some slack, I think he makes a pretty fair point
Old 12-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust Angling View Post
It never seems to amaze me how Anglers just blatantly lie to protect there sponsorship deals.
This is why as a importer I refuse to sponsor any of these tournaments and have been very reluctant to sponsor any anglers.
I read these tournaments reviews written on the ABT BREAM website to utter disgust on how you anglers continue such practices.
This is also relevant to latest report for the grand final you anglers know who you are, as it all comes out later when I get told of who actually was using what.
How the tournaments committee can also allow such practices to continue shows how unprofessional it all really is.
So you have no buy in? Did you compete in the comp? Can you provide some detail?

If not, pull your head in.

Cheers,
Old 12-11-2010, 04:00 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargeass View Post
What part of it? None of it is supported by anthing other than dribble.

Cheers,
Old 12-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Blue Lip

come on guys let make the feed back positive

Last edited by sammy; 12-11-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargeass View Post
May well be a fair point but a faceless unsigned post of an unknown "importer" casting aspertions on the reputation of anglers recently involved in the ABT GF stands for nothing. Much like spam.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:07 AM
Big Bream

and a site sponsor.

I totally agree. I have fished with an angler that is/was (not sure at the moment) sposored by Zipbaits and used nothing but Gulp in a tournament then quoted on this website that they were using Zipbaits.

There is exceptions though. Steve Morrison sponsored by Cranka, will admit when he hasn't used Cranka. He stands by the product as he feels it is a qulaity one. Hope you don't mind me putting this up Steve.

Do some sponsors expect an angler to use only their peoducts even when another product is a better option on that particular day?

Just some thoughts.

Stu
Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 AM
Blue Lip

Haha yeah granted, he needs to back up what he has said. But it is pretty dodgy that anglers are saying they used one brand to catch their bag when infact another brand was used. Thats what I read his statement as, although he has a valid point, all the info deffinelty to support his accusations as such isnt there.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:22 AM
Blue Lip

cant really blame them though. Yeah so what if they lie, the products they're promoting work ( hopefully!) and they are fishing for themselves, not their sponsors. They want a winning bag, and if their sponsors products arnt up to the job, or if they feel they can get a better result with a different then product, then of course they will use it.

Its all a very selfish process, but one thats completely understandable in my opinion. If I knew I had a better chance at catching a fish in one specific scenario with a lure that I wasnt sponsored by, but it would result in me catching the fish, I would use the lure.

Even the whole lying thing, they want to promote their sponsors so they reap the benefits. Sure its deceitful, but in the end the anglers are looking out for themselves, and if lying keeps your sponsor happy and keeps you sponsored, then you can bet 99% of people will do it. For those who dont, they have a bit more self control and good on them, especially if they stick by their sponsors product through thick and thin, that really shows dedication and belief that the product is the lure they want to use.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:34 AM
FastBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The G factor View Post
cant really blame them though. Yeah so what if they lie, the products they're promoting work ( hopefully!) and they are fishing for themselves, not their sponsors. They want a winning bag, and if their sponsors products arnt up to the job, or if they feel they can get a better result with a different then product, then of course they will use it.

Its all a very selfish process, but one thats completely understandable in my opinion. If I knew I had a better chance at catching a fish in one specific scenario with a lure that I wasnt sponsored by, but it would result in me catching the fish, I would use the lure.

Even the whole lying thing, they want to promote their sponsors so they reap the benefits. Sure its deceitful, but in the end the anglers are looking out for themselves, and if lying keeps your sponsor happy and keeps you sponsored, then you can bet 99% of people will do it. For those who dont, they have a bit more self control and good on them, especially if they stick by their sponsors
product through thick and thin, that really shows dedication and belief that the product is the lure they want to use.
I couldnt agree more to what g factor posted.

Cheers jason
Old 12-11-2010, 04:53 AM
Mature Bream

Here's on for ya.. American Pro, John Crews...Hmmm Yamaha splattered everywhere all over his clothes, his deck and his boat...But what,, Mercury outboard.. Check it out..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XCdEG2ifD4
Old 12-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuKlose View Post

There is exceptions though. Steve Morrison sponsored by Cranka, will admit when he hasn't used Cranka. He stands by the product as he feels it is a qulaity one. Hope you don't mind me putting this up Steve.
Have no problem with it Stu,neither do my sponsor's.Dan and Steersy have been very good about how they treat their pro staff and what they expect. Was one of the main reasons l got on board in the first place as Dan will tell you.
l still wanted the unrestricted fishing l had before joining the team and the guys were happy to back this.They don't want us to lie to push their product just an honest account of how we go and what did the damage if indeed Cranka was the lure of choice on the day.
The more l fish the product though the better l get with it so Cranka is indeed for me.Like anything if you believe in something the results follow.With new lures coming out in the range to cover some more base's it makes it even better to be on board with the guys.
Fished a recent event down in Albany as you know and fished Nories laydown minnows and Pontoon 21 greedy guts but it was the Cranka vibes that did the damage as we couldn't raise a fish on the minnows.
Each lure has a place and to restrict yourself to one product even as good as Cranka's are would be crazy as no one shoe fits all or in this case lure to each and every varying system.

Cheers Steve.

Last edited by Hooked; 12-11-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Mature Bream

A sad fact is you do hear of it at comps.
Like I have said before ,some guys would sell their soul to be sponsored and by the sound of it some would lie through their teeth to keep it.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:16 AM
Mature Bream

Pretty sure this kind of thing has been happening forever and not just in fishing. Take cricket for example, certain players put branded stickers on their bats, when in fact they're using a different bat altogether. Its just the way of the world. As soon as money begins to play a part in anything, the rules change straight away.......
Closed Thread