Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Old 27-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Mature Bream

deck carpet help

good morning all i'm not sure .....now ive got my carpet all cut out for my decking but im having trouble folding it over the sides is threre like a trade secret in doing this or am i just useless please help
Old 27-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Mature Bream

Not sure whether this is right or wrong but when I did my deck I scored the edge with a very blunt stanley knife on the underside it work for me just be careful not to go through the carpet.
Old 28-09-2008, 03:31 AM
Blue Lip

should just wrap round if your usin contact adhesive, then a staple gun to secure just to make sure

¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º>
¸.·´``·.¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º< ~>--------------
Old 28-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss View Post
good morning all i'm not sure .....now ive got my carpet all cut out for my decking but im having trouble folding it over the sides is threre like a trade secret in doing this or am i just useless please help
Hi Mate,
i'm not sure what carpet your using but from what i know there's two sorts of carpets too use for boat decking.Most of the boats that are built these days with carpet casting decks Quintrex Stacers etc are all using a carpet that has pretty much no back on it (REALLY THIN) if you now what i mean.The other carpets are mainly used for mats etc what you will normally see on the bigger cruise boats etc.I think the best thing to do would be to go have a chat to your local motor trimmer and i'm sure they will be able to give you the advise that is needed.

HTH
Old 28-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Blue Lip

The carpet you should but is a brand called AUTEX its made in new zealand and distributed over here in aus by a company called Nolans Wharehousing,

http://www.nolans.com.au/

Use the site to find the closest wharehouse to you and give them a call, when i bought the carpet for my boat i was looking at about, $50 pm retail and Nolans charged me $23 pm so i worked out nicely,

the carpet was very easy to work with, ie cut well and wrapped around panels easily...

good luck mate

¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º>
¸.·´``·.¸.·´``·..¸><||||(º< ~>--------------
Old 29-09-2008, 04:45 AM
Blue Lip

Boss

You want a bottle of honey glue. It foams up and expands into spaces when it goes off. Put that on your ply, then lay carpet on top, flip it over and sit some weight evenly on it. Leave it over night then the next day cut the edges and fold them over, using stainless staples to hold it over. Done two boats like this and they both worked out great
Old 30-09-2008, 02:37 AM
Blue Lip

No such problem for me, but I did do each edge individually

http://www.breammaster.com/forum/sho...t=20340&page=2

Its a work in progress
Old 01-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Big Bream

The WA distributor for Autex carpets is Manufactures agencies is Osy Park.Since you already have the capet that doesnt matter.If your using contact adhesive let both surfaces dry and when the meet they will react and stick.Make sure its straight and where you want it because it sticks hard and should roll around any edge and secure without any fixings at all.
PB SP 42
Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Mature Bream

Thanks guy's

i found if u get ur dad involved ,well my dad likes to hog the glue but he's got more pietionsts than me but he did a great job plus if he stuffed it i had someone to blame ......alls well turned out bril thanks for all the helpfull hints

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: