Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Big Bream

If anyone has an issue with this line, best thing to do is to send it back for testing, don't throw it out. The Guys at SAS can test it and they will look after you.

Join Us On Facebook
Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post
I like it when there's a bad review of a product, and you get people defending it with the most redicoulous replies. Tall poppy syndrome, line mismanagement, other issues and not the lines fault, or learn better knots, especially when you actually did not go through what the complainants did and actually know what happened.
The OP stated when tieing 6 lb braid to 4 lb leader and the braid breaks on tightening, and it was alway the braid that gave way on the other occassions all whilst using 4 lb leader, is unavoidably unacceptable, no matter how you look at it.
Full credit for the warranty service provided by SAS.
It was the precise reason I suggested the FG. As a knot tightens friction generated line on line causes weakening of the line. The thinner the line the bigger the problem (more surface area proportional to overall cross section)
An FG applies tension without the need for line rub until locking off and even then only the final cinching is under tension. PE, especially very fine PE has a tendency to cut itself. A 6lb braid will break at much less with a simple over hand knot. Although it may just be a bad batch but from memory the tasline AW series undergoes testing every 1000m or so. Shouldn't a bad batch be discovered then?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Mature Bream

What about knots passing thru guides..after getting rubbed thru them,,has to weaken them...
Old 03-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Mature Bream

Is it standard practice to try and intimidate or antagonize anyone who has anything positive to say whilst taking them out of context assuming their experience? I thought people were sharing experiences led by the original post which did have really good detail around where the issue was for them which was not going to be solved on the water.
Basic problem solving requires quite a lot of detail to get to the root cause. Unfortunately a couple posts here have had a lack of problem solving through frustration and I'm sure as bream fishos, we are all exceptional problem solvers.
Everything happens for a reason.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Blue Lip

People can defend anything they like, its up to other people to form their own opinions, buy it, use it, dont like it, dont get it again
I use a lot of fins braid and never had an issue with it. Bream, bass, barra, whiting, kings, trevally, no issues, but there are those out there who cant even say the name they hate it that much lol
People dont all of a sudden lose the ability to tie knots or use fishing line
I'm all for sas supporting customers, but why replace a sh!t product with an exact replica.
Personally, i would never buy sas braid, and thats my right as a consumer. Why? Because its not a major brand. Not being a snob, but i would rather see a lot of mainstream use etc before i risk the fish of a lifetime

As for using an fg knot for breaming, good luck with that
Come see me when youve finished tying your knot and ive caught all the fish lol

And good on ya BWJ fir putting the word out and not accepting new sh!t line. Shame about the lures mate

Last edited by nagz; 03-01-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Big Bream

^^thats abit rough saying that it is "shi!t" when you have never used it
Old 03-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by justo83 View Post
^^thats abit rough saying that it is "shi!t" when you have never used it
After reading through this thread, bit hard to think otherwise

I have a fair idea what a rotten egg would taste like, but you wont see me eat one aye

If a product fails to perform its only intended function, you would be less than smart to consider it above proven products would you not???

By all means, ignore my free opinion, its entirely your right as a forum user.

Last edited by nagz; 03-01-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagz View Post
After reading through this thread, bit hard to think otherwise

I have a fair idea what a rotten egg would taste like, but you wont see me eat one aye

If a product fails to perform its only intended function, you would be less than smart to consider it above proven products would you not???

By all means, ignore my free opinion, its entirely your right as a forum user.
Unfortunately we are seeing the effect coming out here but not the cause with the complaints.
Back to your reasoning, lures, line, hooks, whatever, confidence in your product is what puts you at your best and you are confident in your gear so why change. Some of us just can't help ourselves and try everything for the sake of it.
Couldn't agree more with the fg knot, ultrathin leader and braid don't work for me.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:26 AM
Blue Lip

Back to your reasoning, lures, line, hooks, whatever, confidence in your product is what puts you at your best and you are confident in your gear so why change. Some of us just can't help ourselves and try everything for the sake of it.
Couldn't agree more with the fg knot, ultrathin leader and braid don't work for me.[/QUOTE]

Well said there
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 AM
Big Bream

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagz View Post
People can defend anything they like, its up to other people to form their own opinions, buy it, use it, dont like it, dont get it again
I use a lot of fins braid and never had an issue with it. Bream, bass, barra, whiting, kings, trevally, no issues, but there are those out there who cant even say the name they hate it that much lol
People dont all of a sudden lose the ability to tie knots or use fishing line
I'm all for sas supporting customers, but why replace a sh!t product with an exact replica.
Personally, i would never buy sas braid, and thats my right as a consumer. Why? Because its not a major brand. Not being a snob, but i would rather see a lot of mainstream use etc before i risk the fish of a lifetime

As for using an fg knot for breaming, good luck with that
Come see me when youve finished tying your knot and ive caught all the fish lol

And good on ya BWJ fir putting the word out and not accepting new sh!t line. Shame about the lures mate
If you're comparing fins wind tamer 4lb to SAS 6lb it's like comparing apples and oranges. Unless you are using JDM lines on the PE system the only way to compare lines is through diameter.
Note a 4lb wind tamer has dia and BS of Tasline 15lb.
As for FGs...I found the terminal knot usually goes before the leader knot with FGs, they take about the same time as a Bimini to improved Albright. But then again if I was onto fish I'd grab another rod rather than retie
Old 04-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by grichards View Post
Sorry to hear you got a bad spool mate. Send it back to Dan and he will refund you or exchange it. I have as yet have not had any breakages in the main line. I do know of some that have and as you had taken some off the spool and it turned out fine.
This is not the only braid out there that can have a bad batch of poorer quality line. I have used Frog, SuperPE, TD Sensor and other braids that have had the same problem. Even Fire line and the Shimano Power Pro have done the same.
What I find strange is that you don't see any if many bad posts about the other gear out there, what's the point? They all have the same issue every now and then. Maybe because SAS is starting to get a following among the fishing community and talked about alot it brings out the tall poppy syndrome in people. I could be wrong. Send the spool back so it can be tested. Now don't think too much in what I'm about to say but if you do send it back and it doesn't break anywhere along its length was there a fault to start with. I could post on here SuperPE breaks all the time etc and people could believe it or not. Get it tested and get your money back easy.
For a small player new to the market against bigger companies it is doing well for itself. Some hiccups along the way, sure, but has anyone taken back a spool of something else to where they bought it and been refunded? I haven't ever and I have bought alot of differing braids over the years and have not been refunded by the retailer. Talk to Dan and I'm sure you will. Cheers Gav.

dont think its tall poppy syndrome more like more people using it so more probs being noticed
Old 04-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Mature Bream

I once had a bad batch of finns on one of my boat reels once. u know its bad when 50lb braid breaks very easily. Had it replaced from a different bulk spool, same shop and never had a problem after that. If the second lot did the same I would have sworn to never use Finns again. You can only give something a chance so many times before you hate the stuff.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Blue Lip

MYCL the mainline was breaking. Nothing to do with the knots I was tying. The points of breaking were not at the knot when they broke in my hands, they were inches from the connection and upon testing all my knots they broke randomly. I appreciate the input from the guys at SAS but it is off the list for me for good.

I like to know that my gear is upto the task even if I'm not and I lost confidence in the line after an hour of using it.

Anyone wanting to try it for themselves can have a good crack knowing that the guys at SAS will sort you out if you have a bad batch. I just would rather stick with the lines I know.
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 04-01-2014, 06:33 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamingwithjoy View Post
MYCL the mainline was breaking. Nothing to do with the knots I was tying. The points of breaking were not at the knot when they broke in my hands, they were inches from the connection and upon testing all my knots they broke randomly. I appreciate the input from the guys at SAS but it is off the list for me for good.

I like to know that my gear is upto the task even if I'm not and I lost confidence in the line after an hour of using it.

Anyone wanting to try it for themselves can have a good crack knowing that the guys at SAS will sort you out if you have a bad batch. I just would rather stick with the lines I know.
Ah, the clarified things. My mistake in this case. For the lighter tests I've completely avoided the issue by using straight through FC and sometimes even mono. Let's say in '13 my angling have been heavily influenced by US techniques.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:58 AM
Blue Lip

Nags you don't get to call a line sh!t haha you like FINS

Joking

Im surprised you even tried it Ross Quality PE all the way
Closed Thread