Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Big Bream

SAS Braid.

I'm gunna buy a spool of SAS braid to test out, has anybody tried it? What are your opinions?

Cheers!

"Like" my page on Facebook to get all the updates.
https://facebook.com/micksgonefishing
Old 14-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Mature Bream

Interested in hearing some independent responses also
Old 14-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Mature Bream

Yeah Mick I have got some it is very thin so what ever size you think you would like go at least two sizes heavier.
Old 14-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Blue Lip

I've seen some tests been done on their Facebook and it does look promising, but I'm yet to try it as well Mick.
Old 14-03-2013, 06:31 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewdog View Post
Yeah Mick I have got some it is very thin so what ever size you think you would like go at least two sizes heavier.
love the stuff I am using 12lb & thought i was using 4lb it's that thin you will be shocked how thin it is, does not fluff after 4 months solid use like other brands do.
Old 14-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Blue Lip

I have the .7 and 1.8pe coming tomorrow. Will give a review after a few weeks use.
Old 14-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Big Bream

Sounds good! I might try the 12lb on my zillion typeR then..

"Like" my page on Facebook to get all the updates.
https://facebook.com/micksgonefishing
Old 14-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Poddy Bream

mick if you dont want to use our website to buy it give me a call on 0481144529
can also chat to anyone about the specs and i can help you choose which of our braids is right for what species you are chasing

cheers
dan
Old 14-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Blue Lip

Some people like rods, other reels and then theres the lure freaks like Jase Garner.
But ever since i bought my first spool of fireline and found it cast twice as far as the same lb mono i was addicted. And have since tried most of the braid out there.

My biggest gripe to date about braids is comparing like for like. One of my fav braids used to be suffix performance braid. So when the new 832 came out i instantly bought a spool from the USA, Big disapointment. The 6lb was so thick. I did a few dodgy test and as far as i can tell it breaks around 18lb.
Which is great if i wanted line for snapper or salmon. But when im buying 6lb braid i want 6lb braid.

So i was very intriged when i saw SAS back when it was tas line. I really liked how they put the line diameter and the ACTUAL Breaking strain on the line

I wont lie though , I was very skeptical at first. Found i hard to belive that the SAS line could compete with the big Japan line co's. So i took me awhile to finally grab a couple of spools. I grabbed a spool of 6 and of 8lb

Have now been using it for about 3 months and am very impressed.
The line is SUPER thin and supple and also is more of a round braid so it casts like a dream.
Daiwa tornument 8 has been the best braid i have ever used and since i was put onto it i have bought 5 spools i different lb.
The SAS is just as good if not better and as the daiwa wears out ill slow be replacing it with the SAS

The 6lb is rediculosly thin, So thin in fact that i find it a bit hard to deal with when tieing leader knot and would recomend people grab the 8lb for breaming. After all its just as thin most 3-4lb braids.

Im going to be grabing a spool of 12lb for fishing around structure and keeping the 8lb for when im using placcies on super light jig heads when i need that extra distance

Australian Designed and Owned
Old 14-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Mature Bream

Is SAS braid in any stores in Sydney?
Old 14-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

what colours do the sas come in?
Old 14-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paz View Post
Is SAS braid in any stores in Sydney?
we are trying!! and have put on reps all up and down the east coast but the general concensus is that shops just are not buying at the moment as they have lots of christmas left overs.

if you would like to see it in store you need to go in and ask at your local tackle shop.

we will be doing the AFTA trade show later in the year and with the display we have planned it should get a lot more people on board.

cheers
dan
Old 14-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Mature Bream

I will add my 2 bobs worth. Just over 12 months Daniel approached me to try his braid. I bought 6lb and 18lb. The 6 was for my spin gear and the 18 for my baitcasters. When he said it is the thinnest around I too was sceptical.
When it turned up I couldnt believe how it actually was thin. I have spent countless hours since using the braid and their leader too, testing and evaluating. The 6lb lasted 13months before any fluffing, and what there is is minimal, not like other braids out. The 18lb has yet to fluff.
I am supported by Daniel with the braid and leader, but If I wasnt I would still use this braid.
On another side track grab some of the leader. It is a mix of fluoro and mono and this stuff has a small stretch to it, just perfect for lures with trebles and is still ideal for other techniques also. It does have a slight tinge of white due to the mono but it still catches fish. I have tried it against a mate using the same lures, retrieve etc but he used fluoro. We both caught fish so I guess it doesnt put them off. Once the leader is in the water is does disappear just as much as fluoro. Cheers Gav
Old 14-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loags View Post
what colours do the sas come in?
only in white. There is a very long reason why but i will give you the short version,

ALL Pe fibres are white from manufacture, when a braid is coloured it has been coated in either a paint like substance or a dye, polyethylene CANNOT be dyed so the colour that remains is trapped in the weave of the strands which makes braids stiffer and less supple, the colour also fades dramatically after a few uses, leaving only the particles trapped in the weave, now most dyes/paints contain the metal iron all be it microscopic but you still have metal in your braid, so why do braids fluff? well you have metal particles getting pushed against the braid strands everytime you load up on something and wind your line in against your runners and it breaks them.

so our braids are white as they have NO coatings or dyes hence why they do not fluff (yes after 13mths its actually the dried salt particles in the line that do the same damage)

i hope this has helped

cheers
dan
Old 14-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Mature Bream

what are the diameters of it, say 12lb and down?