Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Lines

Lines Fireline vs the rest…who wins?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-09-2006, 04:27 AM
Mature Bream

Post Crystal Fireline

G'day,

I've just got some questions about the new "Crystal Fireline" I seen it in the local tackle shop a few days ago and asked the bloke if I could have a look and feel of it. He took it down, got it out of the packet and I had my little play. Its incredibly clear, I was having a look at the 4lb stuff, very thin also 0.10mm. And for $24,95 I want me some.

--Questions--
1). Breaking Strain: Like I said before, I was looking at the 4lb line. But does it mean it will break when more than 1.9kg of pressure if applied to the line?

I've been reading some threads latley about lines and it seems that they can bend their own rules a little bit. Not breaking at their given strengh but somtimes doing better, 4lb line breaking at twice its strengh. Is this actually true? if so does "Crystal Fireline" do this?

2). Air Tangles: Its very, very thin stuff and my 4lb flurocarbon is 0.14mm and that tangles in the air. Does the "Crystal Fireline" do this too, or is it nice to cast?

3). Knot Strengh: How does it perform when it comes to knot strengh, does it hold well, slip, cut through itself or is it really nice to tie knots with?

4). Life Span: I know it hasn't been out for long. Kamikaze said he's seen it out for one month in Queenslan. But, does anyone know how long this stuff will last up to, if treated right.

Cheers, Newby.