Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Saltwater > Locations

Locations Where to Go to Get Away From It All, or to Just Have Some Fun

Old 10-11-2014, 08:40 AM
Mature Bream

Denham / Monkey Mia in April

Hi all,

I'm heading up to camp for 7-9 days in Denham in April with the wife and kids and I will be taking the 4m stacer bream boat. Having never been I'd be forever grateful for some help on areas to try...just like to get a few and help the kids get a few...all help will be reciprocated

Herds
Old 10-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Mature Bream

place isnt hard to find fish... theyre teeming up there. Easiest way is to just search for the shallow coral reef. Anywhere from 1-6m. You should be able to see it as you motor around. Just drop plastics down and you catch an array of fish. Any lure with a bit on inbuilt action or scent will always go a long way up there. That would be your best bet to get some small pinkies, spangos and trevs. Just remember restrictions are difference inside the bay compared to outside, so is always good to carry a guide around. Most sandy beaches should have whiting in the shallows too at that time of year. You should be able to see them flashing if you walk any of the beaches.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:37 AM
Mature Bream

Thanks gummy guy - that's just what I was after. Most of the stuff I've read relates to bigger boats and Dirk Hartog/Steep...I haven't read the latest WAFM yet but sounds like that could be helpful too...are there any charters worth jumping on with up there or am I better off just dropping into Whitey in Kalbarri on the way back?
Old 11-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Poddy Bream

hi herds,yardi and i and a few others were up in aug. had a ball we fished mainly on monkey mia side,if you head out to the pearl farm and fish behind it shore side heading west along the base of the cliffs there are little reefs holding all sorts,also head out to the island and fish the tidal gutters snapper city hope this helps. andy