Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:43 AM
Fingerling

Introducing myself

Hey people!

My name is Rene and am living in Mandurah.
Been living in Holland for 33 years before I moved to WA.

Have been a keen fisher in Holland when i was younger, mostly freshwater for bream, bass, snook, carp and the like.

Recently picked up fishing here in WA, and have fished salt water, mostly in the dawesville cut and madora bay beach. Am looking for a bit more excitement and thought I would pick up freshwater fishing ;-)

And quickly found this website and definitely gets me excited! Been reading on here lots and picked up quite some information.

Although I am a novice in WA fishing i have yet to go out and fish for bream and flathead (wouldn't mind a buddy that could show me a few of the ropes ;-))). Mind you I don't own a yak, hopefully I will next year ;-))))

At the moment my gear is mostly bigger gear but i do have a shimano catana and have a stradic reel with 8lb braid. Also have a daiwa crossfire but haven't spooled up any line yet.
Am looking into buying a daiwa itchy twitchy or drunken monkey for breaming. Got a couple of hardbody lures and will pick up some soft plastics aswell.

Any tips, hints, buddies, ideas for locations, gear choice always greatly appreciated.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:50 PM
Big Bream

G'day mate - welcome to BM. Do a few searches and you'll find heaps of information here to get you up and away. Cheers Paul
Old 02-01-2016, 09:49 PM
Fingerling

Cheers for the welcome ;-)