Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Save 50% off retail on all HaberVision Eyewear

Old 25-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post

Nothing Unfortunate about that champ, Fishing is like that. Would never begrudge anyone from a fishing opinion as we constantly get thrown curve balls that blow our previous theories out the door. As I said earlier looks are subjective and I will reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh. Having said that looks would not be a decisive factor in my puchase (we are not comparing Pink Micras here). I like the magsealed roller bearing and the air rotor and the weight savings. But am reserved over the change in body material.
You provide plenty of good info and help on this site so keep it up, my comments were my opinion and absolutely no offence was intended.

No offence taken or should be taken here mate. I could have explained myself better, instead of being lazy and relying on other to fill in the gaps thanks G.
There are two areas to address here.

Firstly, and is exactly what G elaborated, I use a Parkinsons retrieve for alot of my HB and SP fishing. A rod with the weight distribution wrong fatigues your arm much quicker. Take any one of the rods mentioned in the paragraph below and compare it with a GLX SR 842-2, with or without reel, do the parkinsons shimmy ie try to move the rod tip back and forth about 4 quickly until your arm tires. You will find you tire way quicker using any of the others and you probably tire the quickest with the lightest rod there.
There are other factors in play here as well but that's another essay all to do with slow/fast action.

Secondly try this at home, Hopefully you have one of these at your disposal Kirasame, Battler Limited Devel, Nitro 1-3kg 7 foot, all tip heavy rods. now put any high end finesse reel on them and hold it where you normally hold the rod. You will still find it tip heavy it may balance out with a 280-300 grm reel but that takes away the finess feel. I do understand the laws of physics (at an extremely basic level), but all I was trying to say albeit in as little words as possible was that, the position of the reel makes the differences of "finesse" reels weights, less influential in the balance of the outfit. A balanced outfit is not the be all and end all as most of the fishing I do is with the rod tip pointing down anyways.
This is not to say these rods are no good, I have the Devel and the nitro and believe they are awesome rods for various applications, Just didn't go the kirasame as it was too expensive. (Devel was bought second hand)

Agreed

Thanks G man, Exactly what I was saying but in a more eloquent, succint and comprehensible delivery.

Again the above is just my opinion based on my experiences. It does not diminish any other opposing opinion. Just an opinion that I choose to share be it right or wrong. You never learn anything from being right all the time. I'm on here for the learning.

Geez that took a while, RSI on both index fingers now thanks.
Pussy! Should have just said they were all wrong and stuck your fingers in your ears and said "nah nah nah nah not listening not listening nah nah nah nah!"

You really need to mature.
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 25-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscateur View Post
No offence taken or should be taken here mate. I could have explained myself better, instead of being lazy and relying on other to fill in the gaps thanks G.
There are two areas to address here.

Firstly, and is exactly what G elaborated, I use a Parkinsons retrieve for alot of my HB and SP fishing. A rod with the weight distribution wrong fatigues your arm much quicker. Take any one of the rods mentioned in the paragraph below and compare it with a GLX SR 842-2, with or without reel, do the parkinsons shimmy ie try to move the rod tip back and forth about 4 quickly until your arm tires. You will find you tire way quicker using any of the others and you probably tire the quickest with the lightest rod there.
There are other factors in play here as well but that's another essay all to do with slow/fast action.

Secondly try this at home, Hopefully you have one of these at your disposal Kirasame, Battler Limited Devel, Nitro 1-3kg 7 foot, all tip heavy rods. now put any high end finesse reel on them and hold it where you normally hold the rod. You will still find it tip heavy it may balance out with a 280-300 grm reel but that takes away the finess feel. I do understand the laws of physics (at an extremely basic level), but all I was trying to say albeit in as little words as possible was that, the position of the reel makes the differences of "finesse" reels weights, less influential in the balance of the outfit. A balanced outfit is not the be all and end all as most of the fishing I do is with the rod tip pointing down anyways.
This is not to say these rods are no good, I have the Devel and the nitro and believe they are awesome rods for various applications, Just didn't go the kirasame as it was too expensive. (Devel was bought second hand)
Ah! forgive me for my earlier rant. I definitely misinterpreted what you meant, and thanks for going to the trouble of explaining it better, that makes a lot more sense
Old 26-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Big Bream

There is nothing on the Daiwa Australia site about this, all it has is that is coming in July..

BRING ON TROUT SEASON!
Old 26-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Blue Lip

That's because it will be revealed in July at the tackle show. The details will then be put on their site

www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 27-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Big Bream

Big Daiwa fan, have been for ages & ages, but I'm not a huge fan of this new steez from what I've seen. That may change when I get it in my hands, just like the new Exist did when I had a play with one, or three. I have one big dollar daiwa spin reel atm, an Exist Hyper Custom 2508 (pre-magseal). I have it cause I just love the look & feel, I've had all the others, Exists, Steez's etc before.
I would suggest average Joe spend more money on a better rod than huge $$$ on a reel. Go middle of the road for reels, Luvias/Sol/ or Certate. As long as they are balanced on the particular rod you have with it you will have spent your money wisely. The rod is what does the hard stuff when you hook a good fish, and it needs to have that perfect feel so you hook that fish in the first place. Sol/Luvias/Caldia/Certate all have nice drags too, any good real must have a good drag. Just my opinion.

ShaneD
Old 30-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Poddy Bream

nice
Old 30-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Blue Lip

the daiwa aus picture actually looks fairly joocy... not bad at all
Old 30-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowancreekdave View Post
the daiwa aus picture actually looks fairly joocy... not bad at all
Got to agree with you there. The photo they have does make it look good, that said you can't see half the body which is the part that ruins it for me. I like the new seamless air bail though.
Old 30-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Blue Lip

Yeah looks good. I'll be all over this when it comes out hopefully!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Mature Bream

A black and gold spool would look more stealth. The only thing that turns me off this reel is the holes in the rear of the spool. Make it look weak
Old 01-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Blue Lip

How many bearings does it have?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagz View Post
How many bearings does it have?
Old 01-07-2012, 03:20 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniggy View Post
???? Pretty sure it's 12+1

www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 01-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Blue Lip

22?
Lol thered be no room for gears and pooh
Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Blue Lip

Just noticed that there isn't a 2004 size listed??? We better get it!

http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=12137