View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 06:38 AM
Poddy Bream

I am new to this forum so I will tread with some care......not too much though

FB is a complex beast inhabited by keyboard heroes, morons and idiots in such numbers that they tend to drown out meaningful comment and debate.
Part of the demise of forums is due to the inability and general disinterest in anything that requires knowledge, thought and the ability to express anything in more than ten mis spelt, incoherent words.

Sorry I missed the glory days, but a move to FB would be a retrograde step IMHO.

At the same time that them wot have something to input are getting time poor and have evolved along their path way beyond the heady days of first enlightenment.

Solutions I dont have . But observation tells me that many are alienated by focus on top end gear and whilst its nice to own and use its not adding or attracting new entrants.

Could it be that what is needed is some thought provoking topics.

Question

Why not get to the guts of some issues.....for example follow " whats your all time favourite colour H B " with...........when do you use your favorite colour, and why, what do you think it is about the lure that provokes a response that others dont have?

Just some random thoughts and bias observations to get some blood flowing perhaps.

Cheers