View Single Post
Old 22-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Blue Lip

Ok here we go again. More work done. Am getting to the fiddly bits now and the time its taking to do things is showing. After yesterdays effort of putting down all the framing for the casting deck, i set about confirming the fitting of the template and cutting out the deck. A few small modifications and that was done.

I then had to mark out where the hatch was going to be and cut that out. No dramas there. Well almost none Whats that about measure twice and cut once Instead of cutting the board to the outer edge of the the inside beam, I marked it to the middle Its no big drama, but the plan was to have another horizontal and have the hinges inbetween the two horizontal beams. Never mind no real harm done.

With all the above done, it was time to start laying the carpet. The floor is a two person job and I was on my own so I decided to do just the fwd deck. Its probably the hardest bit to do and it took most of the time I had last night but it was done. I'm not totally ahppy with it but then its just me that can see the imperfections and as I've already pointed out I'm pushed for time and its showing in the quality of the job.

When I came in this morning I put the carpeted deck into position and marked out the new lines for the hatch. Tested it for a good fit and have the carpet drying as we speak ready for the ends to be folded and glued.

Wont be getting much done today as I need to get the hinges, some fastners for them and take the tinnie to a welder to have some C channel welded on the bum for the transducers

Keep watching for further updates, less than 5 days to go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casting deck frame.jpg (37.0 KB, 1071 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck frame 2.JPG (77.8 KB, 1075 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck test after cutting.jpg (26.7 KB, 1072 views)
File Type: jpg Carpeting the casting deck.jpg (38.5 KB, 1067 views)
File Type: jpg Casting deck after carpeting & in place.JPG (73.8 KB, 1072 views)

Its a work in progress