View Single Post
Old 15-02-2008, 07:28 AM
Mature Bream

I am very new to comp angling,(as a few of you already know) but I would like to mention some things.

First, it would seem to me that to say that comp fishing is not like Golf is only partially correct. I have been playing Golf for many years, starting as a junior and I learned the rules and ettiquet of Golf because you are told when you start, ettiquet is written into the rule books telling you what is expected, but most of all because if you don't follow the code, no-one will partner you until you do!!!

I have had a vey long talk with an experienced boater and during this conversation this very subject came up. He explained the unwritten rules and at Walpole I plan to abide by them.(so if you get me as your co-angler on day two, don't even ask.) I must say though, he didn't mention offering fuel money. I would have done it anyway, but my point is, if it was all written down there would be no mistakes, no excuses and less anger.

Hope I haven't gone above my station, but in my job we listen to even the newest recruit because they are looking with fresh eyes.

Cheers.