View Single Post
Old 18-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Mature Bream

Swoffa
You will get no arguement out of me. I like the 2500 size for Bass and inshore saltwater fishing. I own quite a few in that size. But for the smaller panfish that I posted the 1000 Size is the best balanced large sized spool reel I have ever tried. I just love mine. That being said if Dawia came out with a TD-Z 1000 or 750 exact size of the stella 1000 I wouls switch or at least look at one very hard. I am not a big fan of Quantum reels, they are good but not up to Daiwa or Shimano levels. I also use matching tackle, just find it easier to put down one rod and pick up another rigged with a different lure but the same reel and rod type. For me G Loomis rods rock.
I just talked to Trey Kistler about his rods yesterday. I found a few that would work really well for your bream fishing. His rods are very nice. My friend owns a high claiber tackle shop not far from my house. Check out his brands on the web. www.anglers paradise.com. He is also linked to an on-line sales area landbigfish.com He has everything for bass and quite alot that would work good for bream. I just ordered and received a panfish kit from yamamoto. It has 2in senkos in it. I think they would work great for your fishing.