View Single Post
Old 20-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by tug speedman View Post
Wow bb did you get attacked by a group of disgruntled DohDohDoh workers or something?

Stormrep your best bet would be to go talk to your local tackle stores and ask them if they have any positions vacant if they do write up a resume and send it in to them.
The GOOD tackle shops are selective of who they put on and reward hard work and knowledge, if i were you i'd look for an established local store with good clientele.

I have a few mates that work/worked in the tackle industry. One of them worked at the local boat shop in the tackle section,while there he made some good contacts throughout the industry and used them contacts as stepping stones to better his career. He is now a state rep for one of the brands he used to sell at the tackle store, they pay him good money, full use of the company car(brand new bt-50) with a fuel card and phone, not bad for 24 year old with no prior qualifications.

I have other mates who still work at tackle stores they are well payed and looked after aswell as being very good fishos, but end of the day they work there because they love what they do.

If your after an apprenticeship you could try a boat builder or boat motor mechanic.

Cheers Kyle.

HAHAHA I have been offended by a few ignorant staff

They are not all that bad, it's always the bad ones that get remembered

Like Said above you can end up being a rep that gets much better pay. There are limited positions, Every body on this site would like those jobs .

Like I said before Work your arse off and fish heaps, you will be rewarded if you put in the effort. Make yourself know, fish comps, post your efforts on forums.

Cheers
Chris