View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Mature Bream

Secret Spots

Interesting thread, I haven't been around here in a very long time but first started lurking in 2003. I've seen the site in its glory days and everything inbetween. For me one of the big losses to the site was fishing reports and technique discussions. People used to be really keen to share info and postpictures and share the knowledge they'd amassed through hours on the water. It then seemd the site got too big for its own good with less desirables lurking around and working out the spots guys had spent hours working out and fishing them to death and taking all the fish.

I can remember coming on breammaster to see where the bite was hot before heading out for a fish. Now this never happens and for good reason. I have seen spots suddenly crawling with fisherman after a good post on BM. Its a real shame but I don't really know how it can be helped.

The site has also lost a few of its real characters. I think its a natural progression thing but I can remember when WA had a vibrant group of larikin anglers constantly ripping on each other and trying to out-do one another. Perhaps it will come back or perhaps those sorts of groups are confined to Instagram and Facebook these days.

I've beeen out of fishing for almost 2 years now due to work and life commitments but just recently I've really got the bug again. I plan to get out there and get some content worthy of the posts that really sparked my interest beck in my early fishing career. The first hurdle is going to be catching some fish of note!