Thread: ??????????
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeye View Post
Hey mate.
Fair call.

Though i think there is a major demand for these sort of articles.
Which rod/reel should i buy ? would probably be the most asked question on any fishing forum.

www.tackletour.com has a massive reader base due to it being indipendant and not holding back on what they trully belive.
I have tried to base my article using the same sort of format they use.

Here is my first attempt at writting a review of a 2010 Certate 3000 http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42394

If reviews in SOME fishing mags could be trusted as much as articles in Wheels etc there would be no issue.
They have built a reptuation. And they also compare like for like.
Also they dont drive the car home at the end of day .

I have seen a couple of Australain tackle reveiw sites pop up that sparked my interest. At the start the reveiws seem honest and well tested. However it seems now they are more advertisments for upcoming or new products rather than tried and tested reviews
I tend to agree with you more than you might think. A tackle tour style site/magazine feature would be great but getting the gear in would be the hard part. You can only buy so much stuff and in the end to get a comprehensive library of products you probably will need to form a relationship with the distributors.

And there in lies the rub Will they send you a reel after you slammed their last one for being overpriced and low quality (if that is the case)?

I know some companies won't send you product at all regardless of wether you are sending it back or not.

Just some feedback from a guy who has written a few reviews
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."