View Single Post
Old 24-04-2008, 03:30 AM
Blue Lip

Well I finished carpeting all the decks today. The floor was done before work with the edges getting done progressivly throughout the day. I found that if i folded the edges over and left them there with some weight for a period that the carpet would take on some memory and make glueing a little easier. So whilst making things easier, it also slowed them down a tad as I was glueing a side, leaving it for an hour or so, then folding the next edge, leaving for an hour or so then coming back and glueing. I think u get the picture.

The other set back I found today, was that the transducer bracket I had welded was not long enough to accomodate both of the transducers, I hadnt allowed for the fact that the dual frequency transducer would be so big. My plan now is to use liquid nails on the speed temp sensor as a temporary measure until I get back from my trip. Then I'll look at having another bracket welded onto the other side to accomodate that transducer.

With the floor now completed I put that in but have not yet fastened it down. I'm not sure If I will either at this point as it is easier to remove this way after a day on the water and it doesnt move anywhere so ........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casting deck port side.JPG (69.7 KB, 1040 views)
File Type: jpg Carpeted Floor from starboard side.JPG (67.6 KB, 1042 views)
File Type: jpg Carpeted floor from the Port side.JPG (68.8 KB, 1036 views)
File Type: jpg Casting Deck starboard Side.JPG (70.4 KB, 1038 views)
File Type: jpg Even more complete.JPG (79.9 KB, 1040 views)

Its a work in progress

Last edited by CK; 24-04-2008 at 11:27 PM.