View Single Post
Old 31-05-2018, 01:08 AM
Blue Lip

My very own handcrafted stick bait range

Hey gang, It's been a while in the works, but after many painstaking hours of carving, painting, bending wire, inhaling sawdust & glue fumes and rigorous testing I've finally released my first batch of handmade stick baits for sale to the public. My brand name is called "Guya", pronounced goo-yah, which is the Kamilaroi Aboriginal word for fish.

They are 160mm weighing 50g with full-through 2mm stainless wire and are all hand carved from paulownia wood.
They are a tail heavy floating lure with an aggressive action, diving with a violent tail kick and leaving a good smoke trail upon a sharp sweep of the rod. They can also be straight retrieved at a medium fast pace, swimming with a wide wobble just below the surface. On top of that, they can also be dog-walked very easily when rigged with a single belly hook.

I recommend running a 3/0 treble on the belly and 6/0 or 7/0 on the tail, but they will also work just fine with anything from 6/0 singles, up to 4/0 trebles on both hangers as they are incredibly buoyant and capable of functioning with a wide variety of hooks.

If you're interested in purchasing one, they are $144 each and are currently in stock at Tacklepower Charlestown.

Call: (02) 4943 8780
Email: fish@tacklepower.com.au

Thanks for checking them out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Full range SB 160.jpg (246.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg sb ff.jpg (100.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg sb mahi.jpg (103.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg sb scad.jpg (634.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by stella fella; 31-05-2018 at 01:43 AM.