View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Blue Lip

Mate you have the lures, you have the gear. Its just the catching thats got you stumped. If you can find someone to go fishing with who has experience in catching Bream, then go for a fish with him/her. I did that and i learned so much in that one day, more than i had for the previous months i was breaming.

Some great info has already been said, but you should only really "take-in" 1/3 of what has been said and decide the other 2/3 yourself. This is what a great Bream fisho told me when i was new to the Breaming scheme. It has effected my catch rate dramatically!! Its a confidence thing and one thing may be working for someone else but it doesnt mean that it will for you. You need to be comfortable with where you are fishing, when you are fishing, what you are fishing with, etc. If you put on a lure that doesnt look to good in your eyes and you dont have much confidence with it, change it to something that YOU feel confident in and thats going to get you a Bream.

One day you will get a Bream, always focus on that. It usually happens when you least expect it, so dont turn down a single opportunity for a cast as it might be your best chance at getting some Bream. My first fish came from when i came back from a tank dive and we were putting the boat on the trailer. I pulled out my little flickstick and a Subdog and chucked it right in the middle of the boat ramp. There was no structure what so ever and i was using 6lb fluro in crystal clear water. i twitched it back in and just as it came into view i was watching my retrieve and all of a sudden a little Bream came and smashed it!! A Bream has got to eat and if they are hungry they will eat just about anything they can get!! I look forward to when you get your first Bream.

Last edited by Ca11um; 15-04-2012 at 11:32 PM.