View Single Post
Old 18-01-2019, 07:36 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnie View Post
The only true and proper line testing is the one you do yourself,what i didn't explain clearly enough was finding the breaking strain versus to what's it's rated as.No one is showing those results yet,i'll be using 30lb fluoro line and FG knot.All this is for chasing mulloway,got 30lb black on it's way will probably fit it to my Shimano DC
Yeah very true - I had an on going convo with a member here and we were both testing the same Kast King 8lb braid with slightly different methods. His was consistently breaking at 5lb while mine was breaking at 6lb using uni knots to attach the braid to the testing rig.

I found by making changes to my testing rig and knots, I could increase the breaking strain to 8.5lbs - passing the braid twice through my clip before tying the rest of the uni knot significantly increases its strength.

So lines can behave very differently depending on who's testing them - this could be due to inconsistencies in the product quality, the scales being used or the testing methods involved

Last edited by yellow door 1; 18-01-2019 at 05:59 PM.