View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Big Bream

the problem is that on the basis of your experience with one spool of line, you make statements like:

"It’s crap."

"Steer clear of this stuff unless you feel like donating some lures to the fish gods." and

"I have used braids from almost all major companies in the past and this by far was the most disappointing."

Then you (later) acknowledge that:

I have reviewed/tested lots of different lines back in the days and not all were amazing. I know that there can be bad batches of line. I have had mates who have had it with Super PE and even some of the dearer jap braids like Gosen, Unitika and Linesystems."

Are you dumping on those too?

and then you say:

"I know it may have been a bad batch or some sort of QA issue along the way but that doesn't get me my lures (or bass) back."

So you know already that it might just be unfortunate that you've copped a dodgy batch, which happens to all brands, yet that's not enough to give you pause to stop and think before blasting the product on the main bream forum where you are a main contributor. This sort of 'review' is potentially very damaging to small company that relies on word of mouth and no doubts wants to address any problems it can before its reputation is shot. Sounds like a rep from the company has already mentioned caveats to where and when they recommend this strength line should be used. They also mentioned some previous issues that they were able to address once brought to their attention. It certainly sounds like they are willing to replace or refund so their response to your experience would have been useful. I would have thought it might have been better to contact the company, get another spool off them and and least try a second batch before starting a whole new thread (not adding to a previous discussion as you suggest) to shout from the rooftop that this line is crap. If you believe a counter view is needed to balance a debate that you feel is one sided, then add to the existing threads.

Last edited by Cortinaboy; 05-01-2014 at 11:48 PM.