View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Poddy Bream

I joined to share things bream fishing, and things place and tackle. Amongst a group that can in general spell and dont rely on obscene comment to make a point.

I owned and operated a Tackle shop for a number of years. The main reason I gave it away was the retarded, the ignorant and the illiterate bogans that now domiate in fishing.

Time was folks fished for a feed and cos they loved the sport. Today its a way to parade newfound wealth as demonstrated by the silly prices on some rods and reels for example.

Before the top enders still on this forum get too offended that label and its implication come from current Brand marketers. They complain that the Aussie market has been hijacked by this mob, for which they are truly grateful.

So if the above has any real veracity what does that have to do with our current menbership?

Here I venture to express "opinion"

Measured, fact base discourse puts them off, they simply do not understand at ANY level. Its dull and too detailed to take in. With the attention span of a fly getting in and on is too hard. Their mates too find it above their ability so dont join up. If your mates are not on it a persons audience is limited to a bunch of folks that will just tell them to grow up.

If I have not alienated all the remaining members I am happy to debate, however, I have been assiciated with the 'industry' and customsrs for a very long time and carry considerable adverse feelings about the majority of those attracted to the bogan opportinism offered by the alternative platforms.

I would hope this forum will prosper at least for as long as I can continue to fish, and live in hope that we are not sucked into pandering to the mob for survival.