Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bream Anglers Tavern (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Breammaster on facebook (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68003)

Rayman 29-12-2017 11:17 PM

Breammaster on facebook

For those who are still on breammaster, do you have facebook and would you join a facebook group as a substitute? No web hosting issues to deal with. Easy image uploads.

CJ BRIBIE 29-12-2017 11:25 PM

Would that mean all the past threads and info would disappear if the site was shut down?

gsenaeef67 29-12-2017 11:29 PM

It will be crap. Just have to look at all the other groups on Facebook. It becomes more of a FAQ thing (e.g. whats the best lure for bream?) with the odd photo posted (no real discussion over gear or other more indepth topics). Obviously if BM goes down there will be no alternative. Forums are dying due to it.

Rayman 29-12-2017 11:31 PM

Probably, a lot of info would be lost, such as this fine gem
http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16410 :D

I'm sure the webmaster/Ian can download the database for archival purposes, but probably wouldn't be searchable here/via Google unless hosted elsewhere.

Given the limited activity in the last few yers, might as well start fresh.

Slazmo 29-12-2017 11:46 PM

A couple of good moderators would be required...

Mods and admins are what make good pages.

Rayman 29-12-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slazmo (Post 689245)
A couple of good moderators would be required...

Mods and admins are what make good pages.

A better way to put the question may be if Fb would be a better platform to host it. Needs mods and admins here as you do on Fb.

sevric 30-12-2017 12:30 AM

A bit of a non Facebook member here. I am unsure a move to facebook would improve the quality of exactly what is happening on bream master at the moment. I originally joined bream master because of the quality of the information in the posts and the friendly nature of the members. In my opinion Facebook would degrade what we already have.

Windknot 30-12-2017 01:38 AM

I'm already a member of a few Facebook fishing groups and they're okay, but they're not as good as a forum site like Bream Master. Posts are too temporary. They come and go and there's no easy way of finding them again if you need to. Posts can't be categorised into different subjects like they can be here.

If BM became just another Facebook group, it would be a big loss, IMO.

Slazmo 30-12-2017 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayman (Post 689246)
Needs mods and admins here as you do on Fb.

Are there any left here in saying that??

Rayman 30-12-2017 02:22 AM

Who knows.

Can't help to wonder if it'll be any worse than what bm is NOW. Gone are the glory days.

nagz 30-12-2017 02:24 AM

That’s kinda my issue too

All these site sponsors, and not a single DohDohDohDohen Comp or giveaway

Deadset right arses

As for the kids, can’t blame them for DohDohDohDohing off tbh. If the sponsors aren’t getting involved, why should the mods

As for FB, not for me cheers

nagz 30-12-2017 02:25 AM

That’s kinda my issue too

All these site sponsors, and not a single DohDohDohDohen Comp or giveaway

Deadset tight arses

As for the mods, can’t blame them for DohDohDohDohing off tbh. If the sponsors aren’t getting involved, why should the mods

As for FB, not for me cheers

Slazmo 30-12-2017 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Absolutely...

Anybody remember th old stats before the great breammaster meltdown?

Attachment 112897

Well we're setting records most likely now with google finding words for the new Stella etc...

stella fella 30-12-2017 03:17 AM

I don't think we'd do any good in outright replacing BM with a FB page, but I think and affiliate page on facebook could be a good thing. If the forum was maybe refurbished a bit and an official FB page created it could certainly aid in bringing newcomers to the forum.

T Curve 30-12-2017 09:12 PM

I tend to agree with this. Use Facebook as the medium to draw people to the actual forum where the discussion can be a lot more detailed, categorised and easily searched.

I think people online tend to be lazy and use Facebook as the first point of call without realising the benefit of a site such as this one.