Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bream Anglers Tavern (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Anyone else running Kast King 4 strand Braid (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68282)

yellow door 1 03-07-2018 05:38 AM

Anyone else running Kast King 4 strand Braid

1 Attachment(s)
I've been trialing this on some out fits and I'm cautiously optimistic for the future

I did get some random breakages on the 6lb white 4 strand but the 8lb has been very well behaved.

Nice and limp compared to fireline crystal;)

8lb vanish leader snaps before the 8lb braid, when tied with an FG.

Also running the 40lb on one of my Jewie outfits and its doing well so far. Only a couple of fish but both decent on a stiff drag

I have heard of blokes getting wind knots with it but I havent found it to be a problem - I did lend an outfit with the 6lb to my young cousin and he managed to get a couple of wind knots but he's fairly inexperienced with braid and has a loopy casting style.

Its only been a couple of months so we'll see if it deteriorates but I was wondering if anyone else out there is giving it a crack

dannydownunder 06-07-2018 08:31 PM

have you tested the breaking strain on it? I would love a cheap reliable braid but so far no luck.

yellow door 1 07-07-2018 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah my crude testing involves tying the braid to a lure clip with a uni knot - hooking that to a set of digi scales and pulling till it snaps.

Uni knots do weaken the line so it usually break a couple of LBs under stated breaking strain.

But out in the field - when I tie 8lb vanish leader to 8lb kast king braid with an FG knot - the fg holds and the leader snaps at the uni knot which is what I want.

Its way too early for me to recommend this line to anyone - but I am optimistic

dannydownunder 07-07-2018 09:44 AM

For what it costs the fact your optimistic is close enough to an endorsement :) I have been trialing the Seaknight W8 as my budget braid, but that breaks at 50-60% on average. So you are getting better results with a far cheaper line.

yellow door 1 07-07-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannydownunder (Post 691760)
For what it costs the fact your optimistic is close enough to an endorsement :) I have been trialing the Seaknight W8 as my budget braid, but that breaks at 50-60% on average. So you are getting better results with a far cheaper line.

Ok cool - My conscience is clear;) - I'd be interested to hear what you think.

dannydownunder 09-07-2018 06:24 AM

will let you know, I got hit with GST for the 1st time ordering a couple of these spools.. Thanks Gerry :rolleyes:

yellow door 1 09-07-2018 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannydownunder (Post 691771)
will let you know, I got hit with GST for the 1st time ordering a couple of these spools.. Thanks Gerry :rolleyes:

So they're adding 10% to all overseas purchases now?

dannydownunder 09-07-2018 06:44 AM

These ones did, the first international orders I have made since July 1.

yellow door 1 09-07-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannydownunder (Post 691773)
These ones did, the first international orders I have made since July 1.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/con...fees-ebaycomau

Ahhhh - July 1st - the day the bargains died:(

donga 09-07-2018 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellow door 1 (Post 691774)
https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/con...fees-ebaycomau

Ahhhh - July 1st - the day the bargains died:(

From the limited resources I have read on it it most likely wont effect everything. It relies on the store to collect the gst and pay it to the ATO.

Bigger sites like Amazon amd gumtree will all do it but jist foreign stores might not.

I olaced am order on plat a couple days ago and havent paid gst.

yellow door 1 09-07-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donga (Post 691775)
From the limited resources I have read on it it most likely wont effect everything. It relies on the store to collect the gst and pay it to the ATO.

Bigger sites like Amazon amd gumtree will all do it but jist foreign stores might not.

I olaced am order on plat a couple days ago and havent paid gst.

Yeah I wonder what the repercussions are for purchasing from stores who choose not to pay.

dannydownunder 10-07-2018 04:18 AM

knowing the ATO, we will probably get a bill from them direct :)

yellow door 1 10-07-2018 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannydownunder (Post 691780)
knowing the ATO, we will probably get a bill from them direct :)

Yeah I'm imagining packages being held hostage

Abu Garcia239 16-07-2018 02:46 AM

Hey Mate

Have not tried that braid but been wanting to. I have been using the Spectra Extreme Braid 30LB for few years now on one of my Cod Reels and been good.

Ray

yellow door 1 16-07-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu Garcia239 (Post 691869)
Hey Mate

Have not tried that braid but been wanting to. I have been using the Spectra Extreme Braid 30LB for few years now on one of my Cod Reels and been good.

Ray

Yeah I've had much more expensive braids perform worse - but I'm still cautious about how the Kast King will stand the test of time.

If I didnt get random breakages on the 6lb, I would be so cautious about getting excited about the 8lb - but so far so good;)

Edit---------------------------------------------------Just tested my 8lb again and got 5.96lb with a uni knot tied to a lure clip