Bream Master Forums

Bream Master Forums (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/index.php)
-   On-Line Store (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   End of an Era (http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19394)

Bear 15-10-2007 09:08 PM

End of an Era

For those of you who do not know, Sewelly is shutting the doors at Anglers Paradise and as such we have made the decision to shift our focus and energies and close the Online Store. Over the next few days you'll start to see things come off the store until we are left with comp entries and a few small project we hope to have going soon.

On behalf of everyone I'd like to thank Sewelly (AKA Online Store) for all of his efforts over the past several years. He has had the store run like clockwork and become an icon in the sportfishing area over the past several years. Sewelly is moving on to become our first full-time employee with most of his efforts going towards the ever growing WAFM, but also WABT and more as we move forward.

Lastly, we'd like to thanks each and every person out there who has supported us as we worked to grow the sport of bream fishing and make available the latest and best tackle from around the world. We look forward to working more with our sponsors and tackle stores around Australia as we try to make sure you still get the latest and best sport fishing tackle.

Many thanks,

Shane 15-10-2007 09:12 PM

I am going to miss Anglers, always got good advice and quality goods. Dont know where I will go for tackle now.

I would like to thank Sewelly for all his help over the years, not to meantion helping me out getting to the GF last year ;) But does this mean I might have to do battle against him next year? Going boater and seems all the old schoolers are coming back :mad: :)

Angel 16-10-2007 03:47 AM

Are we having a closing sale?????

Ian Sewell 16-10-2007 03:48 AM

Thanks Guys, appreciate your kind words!

I am going to miss the place as well, not quite sure what I will do with myself after selling tackle for around 17 years.

I guess I might just have to put a bit more time on the water!

Will be putting on a few refreshments and maybe a pizza or two on Thursday night from about 1800hrs on if anyone wants to come down and say farewell to the place.

Ian Sewell.

Ian Sewell 16-10-2007 03:51 AM

Hi Angel there will probably be some bargains going up on the online store but really need to get a chance to sit down and put in about 10 hours and update what I have and where it is... Will post up and let you know when it happens!

hiltonlad 16-10-2007 04:03 AM

Strudy

Thanx again for the help with the unfortunate incedent and I solemly promise to take care of it and tuck it in at night.I must say after the weekend its a great herring stick just couldnt catch any of the required species.Once again thanx heaps for helping me get set up and hope all goes well in the future.:)

Vern

BIG PETE 16-10-2007 04:11 AM

sorry to hear that the shop is closing only ever got great sevice and advice not many shops can give that anymore
thanks for the help over the years Sewelly you are a legend

Timmah 16-10-2007 06:12 AM

I also have to say a big thanks as well sewelly. I remember when i first started bream fishing a few years back and someone suggested to go to anglers anonymous in canning vale and see sewelly. He was great, even though i never spent big bucks he was always interested to help out. I have been going there ever since even though sewelly moved on to his own store. Thanks again sewelly for all your great knowledge and help over the years. I'm looking at entering comps next year but maybe not now if sewelly's entering:):) I won't catch anything cos sewelly will have them all.

Cheers
Tim

Dror 16-10-2007 09:10 PM

It's a sad day indeed but my credit card is certainly going to thank me, it may actually stop smoking. There was always good advice and service which is something lacking in some of the new superstores but the change should mean good things for both WABT and WAFM.
Don't worry Timmah he hasn't fished for ages so he'll be rusty for a while.:p

Cheers, Dror

Ian Sewell 16-10-2007 09:40 PM

As much as I would love to fish the comps again, I will not be competing. I will be there as support crew for the setting up and packing out, and enjoying a quiet bevvy or 2 with all of the anglers!

craig scott 16-10-2007 09:48 PM

Here's cheers to you Sewelly,

As Dror says, the finances will blossom, but that's a poor substitute.

Thanks for the amazingly effective advice you have provided over the years, not to mention the inflicting of the tacklegrabber virus I can't seem to shake.

I wait eagerly to see what emerges in the world of sportfishing now that you're able to spare the time to investigate.

Onya Ian.

Craig.

Richo 16-10-2007 10:23 PM

Yeah I agree, I can only imagine the trips i`ll be able to take with all the money i`ll save now as well Dror. Good onya Sewello its been a pleasure buying stuff in your shop, and talking crap whilst there. My tackle collection has never looked better either.

I`ll be there for beers also.

cheers

Stu_000 16-10-2007 10:29 PM

I always enjoyed my odyssey to AP from the hills and knew I would always get good advice and the odd tip here and there ;). That will be gone now as someone mentioned, as you don't get that anywhere around the traps in Perth's mega tackle stores. I won't miss the Mrs pointing out "Anglers Paradise" littered up and down the CC statement.

Cheers Ian (and staff) and thanks for all the help over the years ;)

Doc_Hollywood 16-10-2007 11:31 PM

Its unfortunate but the writing seems to be on the wall for all but the hardiest of small business these days. Dont know AP's reason for closing but even in Joondalup we now have a massive Anaconda, which made Ranger move into an even bigger shop, which then lead DohDohDoh to put in a massive store 50 meters away. You can see these 3 KMart size stores from each other they are that close. What chance does the independant retailer have.

PETER_S 17-10-2007 01:33 AM

yes will miss the good advice and great tips not to mention the friendly service and great prices !! all the best Ian