PDA

View Full Version : cross x country

Sav02
13-09-2010, 10:13 PM
these things are plastered over every magazine on the shelf these days, has anybody fished from one? what are they really like?

for the price they seem awsome, especially the new 4.5cc model but are they just a big hype or are they as good as they are made out to be?

quintrex101
14-09-2010, 03:17 AM
I want one too, but cant seem to find any info or were you can buy one. :eek:

Haydenn
14-09-2010, 04:11 AM
never fished from one
but just had a look at the website and they look pretty sick, plenty of room, look like a pretty decent fishign boat if you ask me

spoonta66
14-09-2010, 07:47 AM
never fished from one
but just had a look at the website and they look pretty sick, plenty of room, look like a pretty decent fishign boat if you ask me

They look good but thier website is crap, they definatly need to spend some cash and fix it up if they want to get people interested.

Crayfish
14-09-2010, 08:15 AM
They look good but thier website is crap, they definatly need to spend some cash and fix it up if they want to get people interested.

Their website definitely needs work lol.

How much do these retail for, anyone have a rough idea?

dylman
14-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Check them out on facebook, lots of pics of the boats.

kaleido
15-09-2010, 08:27 AM
ive been in one,
was actually about a week away from ordering one but i ended up deciding not to upgrade.

The bare hull itself is ok priced, once you add the things you will want. Casting deck, rod locker etc etc it starts to become fairly pricey.

Another problem is the re sale value on them i have a feeling wont be as good as a tinny.

The foam is hard, although i have seen it dinted from bashing into poles etc. Can always be repaired though.

Very nice boat, when i upgrade if nothing else has caught my eye i could very easily end up with one of those.

Gudgeon
16-09-2010, 10:25 PM
They remind me of the "Barrabay" boats (offshoot of FullBoar boats) that were around ~5years ago. I suspect they use the same GRP-foam sandwich technology...or did I read in one of Starlo's reviews that it was the same bloke from BarraBay who was doing them??

Anyway, really hope they get a market presence. Look like great little boats.

I was wanting something like this. Ended up with the Haines Signature/Seafarer Vantage 485SF, very similar build technology...beautiful hulls.

goodoo1000
16-09-2010, 11:44 PM
what do you mean by "pricey"? It seems that most boat builders are targeting mid to high $30K for bass/bream/barra boats with casting decks, rod lockers, etc etc. Given how much there is on the market in that range, I would have thought it would be hard to sell these boats.

I guess if they target the under $30K price point they will find a market ...

mundz
17-09-2010, 05:38 AM
from memory in one of the recent trailerboat fishermen magazines they have this boat with 30hp etec, minn kota and other electronics including sounder and stuff with casting deck and rod holders for just under $16k. Pretty good deal i reckon, recently i have been having quite a close look at these boats thinking about ugrading, tyson dethridge is the maker I believe who also used to build the full boar boats.

da_houghsta
17-09-2010, 01:58 PM
E-mailed these guys back in Jan so the prices may have changed by now, but this is a copy of the price list they sent out.

CROSSXCOUNTRY BOATS
A PRODUCT OF ADVANCED INFUSION MANUFACTURING PTY LTD
Price guide
The prices below are to be used as a guide only, they are subject to change. On the ordering of your boat a fixed price will be provided.
All ‘CROSSXCOUNTRY BOATS’ have a standard transom height of 15” and basic flotation.
Please choose from the following packages and additional options;

CROSSXCOUNTRY BOATS, 4.1 CT (car topper version)
 Base package, flat floor, tow eye $3300.00
 Standard package, flat floor, 2 thwarts, small foredeck $3800.00
 Sports package, flat floor, large rear deck, large foredeck $4300.00

CROSSXCOUNTRY BOATS, 4.1 TE (trailer-able version)
 Base package, flat floor, tow eye $3300.00
 Standard package, flat floor, 2 thwarts, small foredeck $3800.00
 Sports package, flat floor, large rear deck, large foredeck $4300.00
 Console package, flat floor, centre console, large foredeck $4900.00

CROSSXCOUNTRY BOATS, optional extras list,
 Pedestal seating, price ‘per seat’ and includes base, pedestal and seat $450.00
 Ice box seat for centre console version $750.00
 Side rod holders (horizontal) $220.00
 Foredeck hatch $450.00
 Standard trailer, galvanised, 13” wheels and full rollers $2300.00
 Trailer upgrade to 14” wheels $250.00
 Level flotation $2250.00
 Single topside colour other than standard white $300.00
 Topside ‘vinyl’ wrap $2500.00
 Port side rod locker $650.00
 Centre live well, not plumbed $650.00

Bear
28-09-2010, 09:57 AM
http://www.boatingzone.com.au/crosscountry/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1:introducing-cross-country-boats&catid=1:newsflash

CrossXcounty
28-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi Guys,
I've been following this thread since the start and I thought it time that I introduced myself.
My name is Jason and I'm the Sales Manager for CrossXcountry Boats.
If anyone has questions I'm more than happy to answer them. You can either send me an email directly if you want or use the thread.

Bear
28-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Don't suppose you guys will have one at the Mandurah boat show?? Curious to see one in the flesh.

CrossXcounty
28-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi Bear,
Unfortunately not, as the freight cost just to get the boats over their are rediculously expensive from Brisbane. I know were limiting our market but we certainly aren't a large builder with money to throw boatshows.
We will be looking for a dealer or two in the near furture as this will help with getting us in to Western Australia.

CrossXcounty
28-09-2010, 06:57 PM
We also used to build Full Boar boats.
We were one of the first boat builders in the country to work with infusion processes.
We did a drop test video in those days to describe the strength characteristics of infused vpanels and the lightness.
http://www.youtube..om/watch?v=offUglbbfXw
Since this video was done, materials have become even better, resins are designed to flow easier to give a strong, light weight boat.
Infusion is still quite new in Australia, within the last 10yrs. Tyson (who owns CXCB, was FGI's (Fibre Glass International importers ans suppliers of materials that build CrossXcountry Boats), experimental tester on different materials and methods 10yrs ago. He is at the forefront of this technology, which put CXCB at the forefront in fibreglass technology and construction processes in Australia. There are alot of guys who say they can do infusion, but there's a limited supply of guys who can do it well and lucky for us, we probably have the most experienced guy in the country on our side.
Ocean racing yachts have been using this construction technology for years as they need to be light and extremely strong to cope with the stresses of falling of the back of 10-15ft waves and constantly swisting and turning. These guys are now doing 30+ knots of boat speed in 40kts of wind and massive seaway. So if you think we all give our boats a flogging. Think again.

Just to set the record straight. Barra Bay Boats were the first boats to be fully infused in the mould, no timber, chopper gunning or hand laying. The concept was papered by Tyson and then the concept given to a naval achitect to do the tank testings etc.

Bear
29-09-2010, 09:02 AM
And that's where we'll leave that one. Lets not have a public slug fest.

Thanks,

Bear
30-09-2010, 09:26 AM
OK guys, let's move on.

Thanks,

JayKay09
11-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Anyone seen one or ridden in one?

BloodWorm
19-12-2011, 05:18 AM
I came across a couple of videos of Starlos CrossXCountry boat Evil Minnow

Walkaround Evil Minnow with Starlo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELAFFJXng0Y